Pressure in head while working out?

Options
I get this mostly when I am running, about 2 miles in or so I start to feel some pressure in my head that seems to come and go. It is hard to explain. I normally slow down for a minute or so to a walk (since I am on the treadmill, I slow down to 4 mph from a run of 6.5-7) and then start again until it comes back. Should I just keep running through this, or does anyone know what it is from? (I know I can Google it, but if I do I will be telling myself I have 8 different diseases afterwards:wink: )

Replies

• Nessa0506
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories in the day?

Hope you don't mind but I took a quick look at your dairy today and it looks like you had way TOO much sodium in your diet. You had enough for 2 days. That probably is the reason for the headache. Assist your body in flushing it out by drinking lots of water. Have a light breakfast tomorrow like oatmeal and berries and you should be okay.

GSU student majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories to around 1600, I believe my eating log is open. Since i upped it, I have only gained (havent marked the gain on here, but I am up 7 pounds since I started on here in January.) So i am leery of upping them any higher. But I also am going to start Crossfit this weekend, so I dont know. Should I be eating more? (Yesterday was a crap eating day, and i dont have access to computer on the weekends but you can see my average meals I believe my diary is open)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind but I took a quick look at your dairy today and it looks like you had way TOO much sodium in your diet. You had enough for 2 days. That probably is the reason for the headache. Assist your body in flushing it out by drinking lots of water. Have a light breakfast tomorrow like oatmeal and berries and you should be okay.

I know, the sodium is something I need to start working on, its always so high :( But I do drink 5-6 18 oz cups of water every day and some green tea, so I thought that would help. And it isnt a headache perse, its just intense pressure on my head.
  • jevoyager
    jevoyager Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is ask your doctor to make sure everything is ok. Better safe than sorry. And hey if they can help you figure out what it is, then maybe they can suggest ways to prevent it in the first place!

If I had to guess, maybe sinuses or blood pressure. But I'm not a medical expert nor do I claim to be one.