Is it just me?

Options
I have lost 85 pounds so far. However I have not dropped a clothing size and when I look in the mirror or take pictures I still see the same person that was 320 pounds. I wonder am I doomed to feel fat forever?? Please tell me this is normal.

Replies

• melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've lost 106 pounds and I still think I'm fat. I went from a 22 to a 10/12 and I STILL think I'm fat. I know things will get better but it is normal.
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    It looks like your profile pic is a before and after?

For what its worth I can see a BIG difference!! All over, but in your arms especially. Its hard to see changes in yourself because you see yourself everyday and won't notice a difference from day to day. But trust me its there. Keep up the good work!!
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can definetely see a difference in the picture. Great job!!
  • pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have lost 63 lbs and am down from 24/26 to 16/18 size. I still think my pics and the mirror look the same as when I was 63 lbs heavier.

I hold up my pants every morning and think my butt will never fit into these.(but it does)

I hope this mindset is not forever. I have decided there are other benifits like I am more active, I feel better, and I am healthier too.

One day I will get the nerve up to post some pics of my before and after too.

Also congrats on losing 85 lbs.
  • Katrina_F
    Katrina_F Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs so far (297-257) and have JUST now gotten a new pair of pants. I had a hard time seeing the change until I looked at the original before pic I took at 285 lbs. I gain/lose everywhere though, so when I drop it's all over my body which is why I think it's harder for me to see the change.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    ive lost 140lbs and i still have trouble seeing how far ive come...

i do see it when i look back through pictures as i am not that same person....but it does take time, some more than others...

keep at it...let your mind catch up with your body!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!!

Sizes are ridiculous. The difference between and 4 and a 6 is maybe 1/2 an inch in the waist. The difference between 8 and 10 is maybe 1 inche. The difference between 16 and 18 is more like 2 or 3 inches and it probably goes up as the sizes do. At least, that's my experience.

Do your clothes fit looser? They should! Keep at it... it will come.
  • memwa49
    memwa49 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If those are before and after pictures, I can see the difference! :smile: