failure

Options
I was doing SOOOOO good for about 2 months, and all the sudden, I just, not really gave up, but started caring less I guess, I still go to the gym as much as possible, at LEAST 4 times a week now, and I TRY to eat healthy but I give into my cravings and junk food too easy... I'm really beating myself up over it. The healthy stuff just isn't yummy anymore...

Replies

• bajkej
    Options
    You're human. Stop beating yourself up. We all have bad day/weeks/months, it's okay. You're not a failure and this is not a failure. It's a bump in the road. Did anything happen a couple months ago to turn the switch for you? Are you stuck in a stall and getting discouraged. Do you have a support group? I know it has helped for me. It keeps me accountable, motivated and we have fun. It actually has become like a little family.

It's time for you to smile again. Let's get you back on track!!!
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    I have awesome friends on here that are sooo encouraging and my sis just started her weight loss journey this week and so we agreed to keep each other accountable, but I just keep saying eff it and eat what I want. and use the excuse 'its my cheat day' like every other day...
    I lost 5 pounds in the past week and a half....so I should be beaming and motivated to keep going, but for some reason I just lost all interest...ugh!
  • emdf7a
    emdf7a Posts: 36
    Options
    Keep your head up. You can do it!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I fail every weekend, but still made it work. You've done so well. Don't give up. Just work with your weaknesses. I know if I tell me self I can't have something, I'll just crave it more and then binge on it eventually. So when I crave something, I let myself have a little of it then to avoid a giant face full of it later.

And then some days... well, that's why I give myself one cheat day a week.

You are doing great. Just remember what you are working towards and why it's important to you.
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I logged for two years before deleting my old account because I hit my goal weight, to come back six months later because I gave up (honestly thought I could do this myself) and gained 25 back. As long as you jump back in give it all you got you won't be sorry. Most people fall, but what matters is if you get back up.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your food routine; our tastebuds get bored, and when that happens it's easy to fall back on the "tasty" (fatty/sugary) foods we're used to and crave. Get outside your box and check out some different recipes, things you like but maybe a different take on them? Try seasonings you wouldn't ordinarily use…

I cook pretty well and healthy, but even I get bored with my staples and what's knocking around in my head. When I get into a food rut, I check out different recipes for ideas. I'll just do a google search for a general idea (ie, stuffed peppers, winter soups, french dishes, etc…) and look through the various recipes. I found this really amazing stuffed peppers recipe that I altered a little bit, but it was an awesome departure from the standard green pepper with spanish rice filling… do some surfing and see what you find interesting!

Good Luck!
  • mommycordillia
    Options
    Thank ya'll. I'm so good with giving others advise and encouragement but when it comes to myself, I don't seem to do anything right....but I'm gonna start over tomorrow.

Gonna make my sis really be hard on my about my food!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 100% diet. You can't out exercise a bad diet
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Look, eat whatever you want and know that as long as you stay within your calories (and maybe aim for a good protein number) then you don't need to beat yourself up. It is obviously working for you as it does for me. I find if I deprive myself of my favorite junk foods I will binge on them instead...which is never good since I can eat a whole half gallon of ice cream and apack of oreos all at the same time. :laugh: