Which do you find harder Elliptical or Treadmill??

Options

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I find the elliptical harder but I think I burn more calories quicker on it.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use both. I can't say I found one harder than the other, although the treadmill can be slightly more boring. The elliptical raises my heart rate faster and I burn more calories; however, I'm starting to run so the treadmill builds more endurance for me.
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I find the elliptical much harder. I can run faster and longer on the treadmill than I can on the elliptical.
  • cole_ashleyy
    cole_ashleyy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know which is "easier"... I think that's more of a personal opinion... for my I prefer the elliptical over a treadmill 1) it's better for my knees which aren't the greatest and 2) I can't stand walking and not going anywhere! But when it comes to ellipticals, if it doesn't match my gait... it's a KILLER. Lifefitness is the best for me and then precors I do well on as well... but whatever brand my home elliptical is has a much larger gait that I do and I just can't stand it... it's awkward and uncomfortable and in those cases I just hop on the treadmill.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have both at home and can go much longer on the treadmill then on my elptical. For me I believe the elptical gets a better workout.
  • Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Treadmill is much easier for me even walking fast pace and with an incline, The elliptical kills me to my very core. I find it hard to keep the momentum going especially keeping to the same kind of speed. where as the treadmill you have no choice or you fall off and injury yourself. I feel the elliptic gives me a more thorough workout though as it works your arms and legs, and the treadmill is just your legs. But I now know everyone is different and I won't be so hard on myself for only being able to do 10-15mins at a time on the elliptical.
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do both at the gym or at home (since i own one of each)
    I much prefer the elliptical as it is way easier to me than the treadmill.
    I have never been a runner and i have alot of weight to lose and find the treadmill tough on my knees and shins. (But that hasnt stopped me from using it! YEAH! lol)
    If i was forced to choose only one, it would be the elliptical for me. (I am 5'5")
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I can't close my eyes on the treadmill, as I can on the Elliptical, weird! Yeah, I like working out with my eyes closed and the music pumping, plus it helps quell my dizziness. But, I do like using the Treadmill for training purposes. Also, the Elliptical is kinder to my knees, which is always a good thing!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Treadmill is harder for me, Elliptical is easy mode.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I love it.. I guess we are both right from the responses..

I am not a runner and she is, maybe that has something to do with our outlooks..
  • paulkempjr
    paulkempjr Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I find them bot equally as difficult, that being said the treadmill accommodates my wheelchair a whole lot easier than the elliptical... I just have to make sure the axles are greased well then kick back and enjoy the ride! LOL!
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Usually a find the elliptical easier than the treadmill. But the ellipticals that measure stride length are much tougher.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    treadmill because it's easier to cheat on a machine like the elliptical where you arent supporting your own body weight

but i find the idea of the elliptical is harder for me because what the hell type motion is that supposed to simulate?
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    I can't do the Elliptical, it is much harder for me so I end up giving up to quickly. On the other hand I love treadmills. You can adjust the workout to whatever you feel you can do that day. I am still in the market for a new one, haven't made up my mind which one to get yet.
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I find the elliptical much harder than the treadmill, but enjoy it more. My thighs are screaming only after 10 minutes on an elliptical where I can walk on the treadmill much easier for a longer time period
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Much higher calorie burn rate on the elliptical as you are driving with your arms as well.
    Treadmill kills my wonky knee so I'm limited to short distance at a highish pace. Running "properly" hurts my knee much less than jogging.....
  • Elliptical is way harder but, it's my favorite machine, most people hate it, they just cant do it.
  • magpiej
    magpiej Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Elliptical is definitely my preference. You can speed up and slow down at will - no delay-- change resistance and incline easily as well. Treadmill is not nice on my knees.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Treadmill is def harder. Running is punishment for me but I do it anyway!