What to do for Easter dinner????

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Ok, so Easter is just my husband, child and I this year. My family is on the other side of the country and his mom is getting married the on April 5 and this is the only free weekend she has to get stuff done.

SO, we are going to church tomorrow and I am making SOMETHING for Easter dinner. I don't know what. I want something friendly to my weight-loss but something yummy. My husband doesn't eat beef or pork. So that leaves fish, poultry, and veggies! LOL!

Any ideas?? I found a great grilled wild salmon and vegetables recipe on cooking light and maybe make an herbed potato salad or something. I don't know!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Ok, so Easter is just my husband, child and I this year. My family is on the other side of the country and his mom is getting married the on April 5 and this is the only free weekend she has to get stuff done.

SO, we are going to church tomorrow and I am making SOMETHING for Easter dinner. I don't know what. I want something friendly to my weight-loss but something yummy. My husband doesn't eat beef or pork. So that leaves fish, poultry, and veggies! LOL!

Any ideas?? I found a great grilled wild salmon and vegetables recipe on cooking light and maybe make an herbed potato salad or something. I don't know!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    can I come to your house for easter? That sounds YUMMY! Follow it up with a fresh fruit salad topped with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and we're in business! :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    NO HAM?! :noway:

What about an Italian chicken dish like chicken marsala with garlic mashed potatoes or maybe stuffed chicken breasts? Have you ever tried Mahi Mahi? It is absolutely my favorite fish and it is so versatile.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I might have to get a small ham for myself and J.T.!!! hehe I love ham!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I will probably do the Traditional.

Ham
    Stuffing/Meatless........
    Broc/Cauli cheesy bake
    Green Beans
    Creamed Corn
    Baked mac n cheese
    Big Salad

This year is different though. I am dieting and my brother in law is diabetic and my son's two "girl firends", are vegetarians....

So I went on line to Linda's Low carb and Diabetic cooking and printed off recipes....

Mt sister is bringing eggs, rolls and a Sugar Free Mt Dew Cake...

I may also pick up a sugar free apple pie with frozen vanilla yogurt......
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We used to do holidays (that we could not get home) with my husbands aunt in Jersey and they always had smoked salmon and lasagna. Sounds like a funky combo but it worked for everyone and still had the feel of a special holiday meal.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Tam-
    I've made this salmon recipe a few times and you can drastically cut down the oil, and it is DEEEELICIOUS. I'll send you a link to the dill sauce that we have with it......
    Salmon: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Salmon-II/Detail.aspx
    Sauce: (It's for a pasta salad, but we just don't make the pasta and use the sauce instead.)
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cucumber-and-Dill-Pasta-Salad/Detail.aspx

My mouth is watering.............:tongue: