Hello everyone

I signed on 6 months ago when diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes but did not come back until now. Since then I have lost 50-60 lbs and am now here to gain some back or at least to maintain where I am. With my anxiety and panic, I thought I was having reactions to foods and thus avoiding them (large grops of carbs seemd to make me itch immediately upon swallowing and for hours). I had not eaten beans, rice,pasta, bread, crackes, butter, cheese, and some veggies and proteins for 6 months and lost the weight..

.Now I am meeting with a nutritionist and a counselor (for the past 2 weeks) who are guiding me to reintroduce the foods, increase my caloric intake (from about 700 per day to whatever she says--1500 right now) and to reduce my anxiety by changing my thinking and thru education. I will be adding a diabetes educator to this effort as well. In the meantime, my BP meds are being adjusted (and have horrible side effects) because of med allergies as well. I will see my allergist again on Monday to see if the med and food allergies/ intolerances were anxiety-provoked or actual.

I just ate rice last night with no reaction and also added a pat of butter to my sweet peas..big step up from bland. So, I am slowly getting there. Today, I will try bread.

That's the "skinny" on me. I'm here for support and to provide any if I can. Wish me luck!! And good luck to all of you on your goals. Oh, I'm from Louisiana.