My name's Dustin...

Options
durbanski
durbanski Posts: 183 Member
And I'm a carboholic. OK got that out of the way. :) I'm 30 yrs old from Indianapolis. I'm continuing my efforts to lose at least 50 lbs so I can have a hernia fixed permanently. I was 262 at my heaviest. I'm 34 lbs down from that at this point. This is the most comprehensive and helpful site I've found so far in the battle to reduce the bulge so to speak. I'm a chatty type, but I just haven't had much time to socialize with work.

So good to meet everybody,

Dustin

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • durbanski
    Options
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Hello. Sorry to hear about the hernia. However you are off to an awesome weight loss.
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, Dustin.

Don't worry you're not the only carboholic here =) I love them so much!
    And this is a marvelous site. Everyone is very friendly and supportive, and there are so many resources here to help you reach your goal. Just keep a positive mindset and everything just flows right along!

Good luck in your endeavors and take care!
  • durbanski
    Options
    Thanks :) It turns out my love obsessive love of habits is a good thing when I latch on to a constructive one. Cheers.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    your in good company!!! I love this site and it has changed my life, GOOD LUCK!!!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site Dustin. Remeber this is a journey so relax and enjoy it. You will do Great :flowerforyou:
  • durbanski
    Options
    With the help of my family its been surprisingly easy. I will say though watching your sodium intake's been a real pain in the *kitten* so far :)
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Sodium's a nightmare. I focused on the calories and the fat first, and will work out the sodium business later. But I just try to eat the lower-sodium foods (as advertised) as I can.
  • durbanski
    Options
    Yeah I try not to obsess about it too much. It only sucks when you only ate three things that had 200 cals a piece but then you had 4k mg of salt. wth..
  • apetermann
    Options
    Hi Dustin and welcome! Sounds like you've got a great support system in your family, and that's really important to success! Glad you're on MFP, it's such an awesome site with tons of great people and advice! Good luck!!
  • costil83
    costil83 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Dustin! Fellow carbaholic here. I'm sorry to hear about the hernia, that sucks, but it's great that you are on the road to success. I have sleep apnea that can also be cured by dropping weight. The idea of being so young and already having my weight affect my health is quite scary, so I can completely relate. Best of luck to you!
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi Dustin, welcome to your new extended family, as stated before this is a very good site everyone here is very nice and if one person can't help there are always others. I too also know where you are coming from when you said that you are going to have to lose weight to have surgery on a hernia I had a hernia also which I had surgery to removed it, and it was because I had gained so much weight that all of a sudden the hernia started giving me trouble I don't know your history but I was born with mine and was okay until the weight started picking up, so much for that but everything is fine surgery went will, now i just need to lose the weight. Like you I joined this site and now I am 36 pounds down. Stay with MFP and soon you can say the same. Good Luck and glad to meet you....
  • durbanski
    Options
    The hernia was a new thing made more troublesome by the weight. I also have spina bifida. I'm a laundry list issues. Thanks for the shout out :)
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    So.... Hey Dustin. Welcome! :-D I'm glad you've decided to join us, and I'm sure you'll find this place as fulfilling and helpful as I do! :)