losing weight too fast?

Options
I've done it...I lost 10lbs in two weeks. I went cold turkey on pop, mcdonalds, chips, donuts, sugar, etc. and have been eating around 1800-2000 calories a day from fruit, vegetables, sandwiches.

Is that too fast? I'm not kidding, I went from 203 to 193 so rapidly! Is this just water weight?

edit: almost no exercise either, I have a very high paced job that involves walking and lifting for 8 hours a day, I can't find the strength to exercise after that. :(

Replies

• IHAVEPMS247
    IHAVEPMS247 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I lost about the same as well the first week and it slowed down. I think we lost water weight at first. Keep up the good work! I haven't been able to give up diet pop all together. Great job!
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I heard the first 5-10 are water. If you continue losing that fast I would readjust. My first week going to WW I lost 7 after that it's been averaging from 1-3 a week with the exception of one week I was sick for a couple of days and lost 5. From my starting weight at my first WW weigh in on October 2 until last Tuesday it's been 51.1 lbs. I believe that is 20 weeks.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your big first week!
    It sounds lie you are doing things the right way. And don't underestimate the calories burned at work, they can be exercise too.

I believe a drastic lifestyle change can produce results. The TRICK will be to stay motivated and healthy when it slows down a bit.
    Congratulations ! Keep up the good work!
  • Chrissy180
    Chrissy180 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    More than likely it is water weight..but no worries. I read a study that was just published where people that lose weight faster are more likely to keep it off while eating at a maintenance level. Read it after hearing a MD talk about it on the morning show..So you're doing great either way..If it continues though you may want to add weights to your routine to cut down on the skin you will have..trust me, I know that from experience!! Good luck to you..
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Initially your body is re-balancing and it's ok. Just don't be disappointed in the following weeks when it's only a pound or two.
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Water, but probably also lots more fiber and better calorie choices..
  • kzimpel
    Options
    I hope that's not too fast because I did 19 my first month. Cut the junk (cold turkey), and increased cardio from roughly 10 miles a week to about 25. Bottom line, I burned a lot of calories, but I still ate my 1800+ calories a day so I was still feeding my body with the proteins, fats, and carbs. Definite increase in veggie omelets, yogurt, and of course chicken. Looking back, I don't think it was the main meals getting me in trouble but all of those little sugary snacks stacking up. If you like to run, Map My Run is another good app I use in tandem. Don't know if month two will have the same level of success (and I won't be crushed if I don't), but stay tuned!