Any way to find foods high in carb/protein/sugar?

Hey everyone!

I am just starting with myfitnesspal after having done WW-online for a while, and I was wondering if there's any way to find foods that match the amount of carbs/fat/protein etc. you have left for the day. Sometimes, I'll have left quite a few calories and an amount of carbs, but I've already passed my protein/fat/sugar goal. Now I now there are just regular lists of foods high in carbs for example, but I was just wondering if there's some kind of app that allows you to type in what you have left, and then see which food is a good match? Or any other tricks how you guys do this?

Of course, I know the basics, but I was just wondering if you have tips or tricks for that! :)

Replies

• I don't take much of my sugar and fat content into account because the majority of the sugar I consume is natural sugar, and I eat healthy fats every day. I'd stick within the calorie goal and as long as you know you're not eating a bunch of bad fat and refined sugar you should be fine :-) I also shoot to go over my protein goal and stay under my carb goal every day - I shoot for 50% carbs, 25% protein and 25% fat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    when I want to fill in cals for the day I go with some eggs or greek yogurt...i would rather go over on protein then carbs..
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Thanks so much for the replies! I usually go over my sugar too but mainly because of fruit. I eat blueberries or raspberries with my oatmeal in the morning, and I usually have a banana and /or apple. Not something to worry about then? I usually have carbs leftover instead of protein, so nothing to worry about then?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    i prefer to have carbs left over but that is just me...