Kinnect Zumba calorie claims ????

Options
My Zumba Fitness on Kinnect tells me that I am burning on average 1400 calories in an hour. I really think that this is an exaggeration. Can I really be burning this much in a 14 song low impact class? Does anyone know if this is genuine or not.

Replies

• daisiesinmay
    daisiesinmay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba core on the kinect. I've found that during that during the hour long classes I might burn 700, but knock it down to 45 min on the same intensity, and I only burn 175... That math doesn't add up. To be honest. I take it with a grain of salt, and when it says 700, I usually log in about 300-350 calories burned. I think it could be more, but I prefer to underestimate my exercise and overestimate my food.

That being said, I have used a HRM before in an hour long zumba class and was regularly hitting 600-800 calories. (I am 5'10 and was about 200lbs then). Its going to vary by how fit you are.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How do you log it in exercise? Dancing?
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba and according my HRM I burn 450-600 calories depending on the routine.
  • daisiesinmay
    daisiesinmay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" for the most part. I start with Aerobics, High Impact but that seemed high. Like I said, I would rather underestimate my exercise than over.
  • tinadaybreaker01
    Options
    I think I either found Zumba on a list or I created it like you can create meals. (I think). I'm rubbish with computers so cant really remember, sorry..
  • tinadaybreaker01
    Options
    I've been doing zumba core on the kinect. I've found that during that during the hour long classes I might burn 700, but knock it down to 45 min on the same intensity, and I only burn 175... That math doesn't add up. To be honest. I take it with a grain of salt, and when it says 700, I usually log in about 300-350 calories burned. I think it could be more, but I prefer to underestimate my exercise and overestimate my food.

That being said, I have used a HRM before in an hour long zumba class and was regularly hitting 600-800 calories. (I am 5'10 and was about 200lbs then). Its going to vary by how fit you are.

I have started logging half of what the Kinnect says that I am burning. I found a really good website (wish I could find it again) that agrees with your heart monitor. I too would rather under estimate than over estimate calories burned. How are you getting on with Zumba Core? Is it harder than Zumba fitness Rush?