Hi I'm Kim and I've lost my 1st pound

Options
i started one week ago, I lost one pound. I'm going thru a divorce and possible foreclosure.
I need something positive to happen in my life. It's time I take care of Kim.
Any support, tips, are appreciated.

Replies

• queennellie78
    queennellie78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim I am here if you need some positive help. I am 34 and for the first time I am putting myself first and making some positive changes in my life. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first pound lost!

Like Queen, I am working on me as well. I've always put everyone first, now it's my turn. Almost to goal! Feel free to add me!
  • pumpkinmom3
    Options
    Hey Kim. I put on almost 30 pounds during my divorce and move and it was an amicable one. Stress seriously divorces your brain from your body and it runs crazy. I am here for you and think it is awesome you are exercising during this time. It will help you in alllll sorts of ways. Friend me and we can do it together.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Sorry your life is in such a rough spot right now, Kim, but it will get better. Congratulations on your first pound off, and good luck on the rest of your journey! This new chapter in your life is yours to do what you will. Be proud of yourself for making a healthier lifestyle a prominent theme in that chapter!
  • redjch
    redjch Posts: 18
    Options
    YEAH!!!! The first pound is on your way to renewing your life! Divorce stinks - been through an awful one 5 years ago, and it will get better! Just stay strong and keep doing what you're doing for Kim. It's time for YOU now!
  • Tundra9850
    Options
    Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

great job
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you focusing on you! Good luck and congratulations on the first week! Feel free to add me!
  • yabonet
    yabonet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you Queen, as soon as i learn how to add you, i will
  • yabonet
    Options
    thanks kb, as soon as i learn how to add you, i will
  • yabonet
    Options
    thanks so much pumpkin, i learned of my divorce from a text, as soon as i learn how to add you, i will
  • yabonet
    Options
    thanks for your kind words
  • yabonet
    Options
    you are right
  • yabonet
    Options
    1 pound down 69 to go, thanks
  • yabonet
    Options
    thanks playp, as soon as i learn how to add you, i will
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    :happy:
    Now you've just got that 180lbs of ugly male fat to shift!
    :laugh:
  • yabonet
    Options
    so true
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    i started one week ago, I lost one pound. I'm going thru a divorce and possible foreclosure.
    I need something positive to happen in my life. It's time I take care of Kim.
    Any support, tips, are appreciated.
    Good for you for having the good sense to celebrate one pound. That attitude will serve you well. I'm on the other side of MFP as I've been on maintenance since May last year. You can do it too. It does not take perfection but it does take commitment. If you are firmly, and calmly resolved that you will do it, it is as good as done.
  • katiefitnesspal98
    Options
    congratulations on your first pound! I would love some new friends to keep me motivated and inspired so add me! I have lost 5kgs and still making up my mind on how much more i want to loose! The main factor here, is me being confident in myself again!
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I totally understand how a divorce can turn your life upside down. I'm not sure what you're doing about your home situation, but there are lots of resources out there and I hope you are researching all your options. I do applaud you for looking at the positive aspects of your life and looking at taking care of yourself. I will glad to be here as a support for you.