NSV, only 'sort of' for me :)

Options
So I tried that flour-free banana/egg pancake recipe that's been floating around here. I'm not a fan of fluffy pancakes, so it looked delish to me. The first couple of pancakes came out without quite enough structure (could be my fault, I squeezed a quarter of a lemon's worth of juice into there since I had it leftover from dinner and I like lemon with banana) so I added a *spoonful* of flour to the batter and they came out looking just like 'regular' pancakes. My nine year old (who refuses to eat ALL fruit, no matter how it's cooked or not cooked or how little is in something) came in smelling the pancakes and asked for one. I told him it's a different recipe, (since he's fussy in general), and explained that there's almost no flour in it. He repeated that he wanted one. I gave him one 5" or so pancake, and it wasn't till the last bite that he asked - 'is there banana in these?' - I told him yes, and he said "you know I don't like bananas!" -- but he'd already eaten it! YAY!! My son ate a FRUIT!! (hey, it's a start! lol)

Replies

• mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ha ha - will have to look that recipe up (sounds lovely) - and to get your son to eat something he doesn't like (which I can totally relate to) is great too!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    "you know I don't like bananas!" --

Yes he does. In pancakes. It's evidently a texture thing with him if he doesn't mind the flavor baked into something else. So just give him banana pancakes. Who cares? :smile:
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    lol. I think it's half attitude with him - no way he'll touch them now that he *knows* they are in there. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!