260lb girl looking for motivating friends :)

Options
Hi everyone

My profile has the short version of my story. I've been loving the Success Stories forum. I've used MFP on and off for a couple of years but never for long. I feel like I'm addicted to it now.. I love logging what I eat and staying under my calories for the day. I'm just making much better choices than I used to.

I've lost about 6lbs in the past few weeks, eek! I haven't been trying to lose so much, I'm actually aiming for 1lb per week. However, I feel good so far and don't feel deprived or very hungry.

I'm finding it much easier to decline things that I used to. I'm not sure what's changed? I used to go out and have a flavoured latte and a big slice of cake and think nothing of it. Now the thought of that isn't appealing at all!

Anyway, I'd like friends who are interested in giving constructive criticism of food diaries and motivation. :)

Replies

• Poetic_Photography
    Options
    Hi there! It's great that your tastes & food choices are changing... keep up the good work on that! Also, congrats on your success thus far ~ that's a great loss for a couple of weeks!

Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • heygirl1000
    heygirl1000 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Woo hooo wtg!! I am hooked on this as well! Sure helps when you have to write things down! Lets do this journey together! I love feedback as well
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with MFP. You can get as much out of this experience as you put into it. It quickly becomes an important part of your daily routine if you keep it up.

Feel free to add me if you like. One of my motivators is the people who are my long-term friends on here. I like interactive friends and I think that would be a good description for me as well. You can also add my better half if you like. She is SMC_Chick.
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Lakecountryzoo you just reminded me of one of my goals! Need to go add it to my profile.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have about the same goals - as of my weigh in last week I was 256lbs (down from 273 Dec 1st) and I'd like to lose about 100 more - I'll shoot a request your way and we can help motivate each other! :)
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! Feel free to add me!!!
  • voidthepickles
    Options
    Hi and Welcome, Add me!
  • rokinrho
    rokinrho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I finally just joined today. I joined TOPS on January 14 and weighed in at 265lbs. At weigh in on Feb.4 I was down to 253 for a total weight lose of 12lbs. I am super excited and I feel so much better. My friends encouraged me to join MFP. Hoping this will make me stay on track.
    I wish you all the best. A great support circle is the best thing ever. Add me if you want.
  • fitness4me33860
    fitness4me33860 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello...Im new to the board as well. Add me =)
  • Tundra9850
    Options
    :happy: Welcome if you need help or just a friend just ask:happy:
  • Rumplecreek
    Rumplecreek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I joined Feb 2. Like many others I have done other diets - Weight Watchers...etc. To me MFP is like a daily bank account. I like to be able to stay under my total calorie (balance) each day. I like to be able to add exercise. It is also very shocking to see how many calories some foods contain. It helps me make better choices. The phone app is awesome.
    Hope to hear more about your journey.
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start :) Good luck:drinker:
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for almost 2 weeks and I've noticed that my tastes are changing. Overly fatty things are not as appealing. I have more energy from eating good food. This is a great place to get inspired and help if needed. Best of luck to you!
  • tjones122288
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. I would love to be your friend!!::happy:
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I've had so many requests since I posted, wow! :D

Someone mentioned fatty foods and the taste - I was actually at TGI Friday's yesterday and they made me a pretty low cal lunch of 1 Jack Daniel's chicken breast and a double portion of veggies. However, I couldn't eat all the veggies. Why? Because they were saturated in butter/some kind of fat. :/ Before I would've chowed down on that no problem. It just.. ugh. I enjoyed the ones that weren't covered in grease so much more!
  • Princ3ssj
    Princ3ssj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    your palate is changing ! Thats great news :)
    Hope youre finding new foods that appeal to you.
    Noticing and acknowledging the triggers that lead you to eat, emotions etc will also help.
    Hope you stick with MFP this time around, this is my first time using it and Im totally addicted to tracking as well.,
    add me if you need more motivation, my diary is open for viewing
    cheers,
    jessica