One year down!

Options
NVgal
NVgal Posts: 33 Member
I don't post here much but I read success stories all the time. I wanted to share my one year journey with you.

One year ago today I joined Weight Watchers. I did the meetings version as I felt I would be more accountable. I did very well through April losing 25 pounds. I ended up quiting WW due to a lot of company and traveling in May. By the end of May I had regained 5 pounds and knew I had to get back on track. Not sure what led me MFP but I'm pretty sure it was my friend Tami Shumate who has had a very inspirational weightloss journey. I had actually joined MFP almost 2 years earlier but never used the program. I started using it on June 4th and have had so much success! So between WW and MFP I have officially lost 75 pounds since one year ago today! I can also safely add another 5 pounds to that as I started on the journey right after the holidays (like always) that year before joining WW, I'm so happy with my progress to date and plan to continue the journey. I have been able to eliminate 2 drugs due to this weightloss; my asthma and high blood pressure meds. I have gone from a size 20 jeans to a size 10. I have gone from size 2X tops to mediums and now even smalls. I want to lose another 20 pounds this year!

Replies

• tinabuggy
    Options
    Way to go, Keep up the good work. Your an inspiration.
  • dschipman
    dschipman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Keep it up you are going great!!!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    that is inspiring, as are you tinabuggy
    :smile:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You've accomplished so much..enjoy your health and new found fitness. :)
  • bassls
    Options
    good job!!!!
  • kthycrlsn
    kthycrlsn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love it! I was on weight watchers a couple of years ago myself. The accountability is what helped me to lose weight. Of course I gained it back when I stopped going. I think the accountability here on MFP is much greater.

Thank you for sharing your success :) It's inspiring :smile:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Proud proud proud of you and thank you for inspiring me..

I am at your old weight and size and love that you found results here over a years time.. THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!