Almond vs. Soy Milk

Options
2»

Replies

• honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I honestly prefer vanilla soy milk - it's creamier and tastes better with cereal/coffee. I sometimes buy almond milk because I get in the mood for it, but I always end up going back to soy. I either buy Earth Balance vanilla because it's organic and non-GMO, or Silk Organic when I can't get to Whole Foods for the Earth Balance.

ETA: Holy crap, I'm the only one to prefer soy. :(
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've never really cared for regular dairy milk, but I love Silk Light Soy Milk. It's free of GMOs and it has lots of protein. My husband and I have been using it for about 10 years and really like it.
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I had a conversation with my nutritionist at a fitness resort, they explained that although almond milk is lower in calories many brands don't contain the nutrients needed! A lot of almond milk is made by soaking almonds in water, and that's it... so even though it is mighty tasty and sweet, I go with soy milk!

I could be wrong though...

She's not wrong. I use almond milk if I need something "milky" but don't want a lot of calories. That's it. It has virtually no nutrients to speak of--except calcium, which is added to practically every other milk-like beverage.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Almond milk from Trader Joe's. I don't touch soy :/

Me too. Soy and my body do not get along at all. I won't touch it.

TJ's almond milk is the bestest.