Skipping meals... totally a psychological thing

Hi! I think this is more a support issue than a nutrition issue because I KNOW what a healthy breakfast looks like, etc., but I keep skipping breakfast and often lunch due to being very busy. It's terrible for my energy level and metabolism. I DO have snacks and food around at work but I just can't remember to stop and eat, or I get on a roll with work and don't take a break.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    I make myself a protein shake and take it with me to work and sip on it through the day, I make mine with visalus (2 scoops) and almond milk (1 cup) lots of ice and about a cup or so of water. Any shake you like that is high in protein will help as long as you find one that you like the taste and is not full of sugar/fillers etc. I add a bit of instant coffee or PB2 to it for different flavors. Find something like that that works for you that you can sip or nibble on that will get you through the day...almonds/nuts are good too.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    It won't mess with your metabolism. Old motorbikes have kickstarters, your metabolism doesn't.
    Get your nutrition and your calories whenever it suits you.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    It's not bad for your metabolism at all.

I eat from 6PM-9PM on most days and am doing fine - if you're naturally not hungry and can meet your calorie goal at home and/or dinner time. It's better for me, in fact, because t allows me to eat larger meals. You might find it actually suits you more than eating conventionally set "meals".

As for your energy levels... Coffee could help, I guess. Does me.

If you seriously find it a problem, though, carry some nuts or dark chocolate in a small packet in your pocket. Nibble on them throughout the day for energy/satisfaction.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Skipping breakfast is no big deal. All the rubbish about it making you fat is just a myth.

If you're feeling weak from skipping lunch then prepare something small and light the night before. Keep it on your desk so you're always aware it's there waiting to be eaten!!
  • I agree with Howl and sijomial.

I do the same I only eat from a range of 4 - 6 hrs in the evening and drink water, coffee, and tea outside of that time. It lets you eat a larger meal and helps me save time and money with not having to make breakfast or pack/buy lunch.

I used to be 6 small meals but after much reading and trying things out myself I find the way I do things to be best for me.

MFP helps me because i can ensure I hit my calories and macros with the fewer meals.