best exercise for toning arms in morbidly obese

Options
Hi, I have about 125lb to lose, and I can see all the places on my body that will have sagging skin. so be it. I would like any advice you have about toning my arms as best as possible. They are very fat, and in my 50's the fat has kind of slipped - or perhaps expanded down to the part above the elbow at the back.

Is using the kettle ball going to be particularly useful? or some other exercise for my arms?

Replies

• notthatthis
    Options
    It will sound harsh but yes, the use of arms to place items near the mouth for the mouth to consume is an exercise best avoided.

Calorie controlled diet is the key and time.

Fat lays where it wants when it wants and no exercise in the world will target fat in particular area.

A balanced program of calorie control, cardio exercise and strength training will lose the fat, build muscle and lead to body recomposition. No doubt by the time I have posted this, 10 people will have said the same thing.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You can't tone fat. Build some muscle, lose the fat.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest you start full-body strength training, which will also help with the weight loss. You can worry about toning specific areas once your weight is down.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, and notthatthis- I laughed my head off.

I'm still pretty weak after a 6 week severe virus, my immune system is compromised and is expected to take a few months to fully recover. so I am very careful about giving my body the nutrition it needs, avoiding inflammation triggers like gluten for me, and just planning which strength training exercises I will start with ever so slowly. I have trained a lot in the past, but honestly, 6 weeks with my brain turned to mush with illness, its kind of hard to think for myself about the simple things I can do at home.

BTW, before this illness I cycled maybe 100-150km a week, and now, I can only ride about 3-4km at about 10 km per hour before I need to rest.. Big difference.
  • emchip1983
    Options
    hi might be worth looking on youtube at beach body mom she does gentle low impact toning exercises and there is tiffany stone who does a sit down work out x