Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• mjs3974
    mjs3974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against bariatric surgery. I had one done myself, but after 10 years of problems with no weight loss because of said problems, it was finally reversed and I feel amazing, like I am human again!

I am now looking at losing 100+ pounds, and would love to hear from anyone who has done it without surgery. Pictures would be AWESOME!

Thank you in advance! :flowerforyou:

what surgery did you have?
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It took me a year for 92lbs and then the last 8 to 9lbs in the last 2 months. It is definitely doable and you will get there...just accept that it takes time and serious commitment with a healthy diet and increasing activity. Too technology challenged to post pics though.
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yep. 135 lost in 15 months, and I've been maintaining since September. Today was my 605th consecutive log-in day :)

beforeafter.jpg

More pics/details in my profile and blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls

Amazing!!
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Wow I am inspired, I have had the belief all along that it can be done with out surgery. True I am just starting, but I am looking forward to the day I can say I lost a 100 lbs. 30 down and 70 to go. Anyone can friend me. Good luck to everyone
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    save
  • tearfulmagi
    Options
    I am on day 1, you all are really making me feel like I can actually do this! congratulations all!
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Right here :) About 20 more to go. Started 277, now im 171. All from healthier eating, counting calories and walking. Oh & chasing 2 toddlers around ;)

CA9C9E91-F0B3-44FE-9CD4-A2010ADBDEDC-986-00000087BC6BD540_zps5632b820.jpg

5347562B-FD56-4421-8A5C-66AF15D7327D-986-00000087B302D9ED_zps86e9c207.jpg

Omg You look Uh-Mazing!!
  • angiinkc
    angiinkc Posts: 24
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    totally possible...

time, patience, planning and determination...

probably one of the hardest things that I have ever done but its been just as rewarding...
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Quite an inspiring thread! I have about 160lbs to lose give or take. I just started buckling down to do it though, I gained 30 llbs with my last pregnancy, and gave birth 8 weeks ago today to our 2nd son, 4th child. He weighed 8lbs6oz and im actually heavier than when i gave birth :/
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    :happy: I did. I'm at 105 lost, with another 25 to go to reach my goal. Picture was sometime after -100. NO SURGERY here.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I lost 104lb's at most. I kinda put some weight back on but I started to goto the gym 5 times a week a couple months back. Weight loss kinda went backwards but I'm way more endurance then I was at my lowest weight.
  • skinnykenny2012
    skinnykenny2012 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats! Keep up it up.
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow unbelievable, congrats and way to go to all of you!!
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've lost 140 pounds without surgery.

:wink:
  • lynnwhite1965
    lynnwhite1965 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Amazing transformation. Gift to self = HEALTH. You look incredible. Congrats
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I have lost I believe a little over 100 pounds in nine months. I went from a little over 300 (not sure on the actual weight) & a few days ago I weighed 198.5.

I started my weight loss journey in September & lost 50 without myfitnesspal. I started myfitnesspal in February since I hit a plateau & started at 250 & since February 4th I've lost around 52 pounds.
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    All you guys are so inspirational...I want to lose 114 pounds...I've already lost 21. So thanks for letting me know it's possible without surgery!!!
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Speaking From Someone Who Never Imagined That It Was Possible To Lose The Amount I Have Lost (And Still Be Going). It Is Definitely Possible. I Lost 130 Lbs In Exactly 12 Months.

u8nICYV.jpg
    e4gzkq9.jpg

This is a picture of me in 1 leg of my jean capri's that I used to wear before I started my journey. As you can see, my 5 yr old nephew can share them with me.
    mywnxuh.jpg
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 42 pounds since the start of the year and my ultimate goal is a total of 80. But I just want to say how literally awesome all of you are. If you can accomplish these amazing things, we all know that we can get to our lesser goals as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!