STRETCH MARKS AND C SECTION TUMMIES.....

Options
I gave birth 6 months ago.. I have pink stretchmarks on my tummy and sides.. they dont stand out SO much but they are there and theres a lot.. Sadly.. due to heavy drinking and gaining a lot of weight from it 2 years ago, I already had stretch marks BEFORE getting pregnant :/
I had a c section.. so I guess the dream of being in a 2 piece someday can be kissed bye bye.. but it's okay.. SHE WAS WORTH IT...

Anyone else have anything to say about c sections and stretchmarks??

Replies

• christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section almost 3 years ago. I can say honestly that I'm in better shape now then I was before I had my daughter. I still have some stretch marks but they aren't obvious. My lower tummy will probably never be what I'd like it to be but i have more abs then I did thanks to Jillian michaels.
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My boy is 25 now. The last week of my pregnancy my whole body broke out in hives and I could not stop scratching which made the stretch marks worse. And I have the hanging gut over the incision. I think if you are getting in shape this early after your pregnancy you can firm up that stomach. And hey, if you can fit into a bikini and look good go for it! Little known secret is most people have stretch marks of some sort and you earned them! Wear them with pride!! Congrats on your baby girl!!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 c-sections, and like you I don't think I'll ever be able to wear a bikini again, but my stretch marks are faded and less noticeable than they used to be. But who knows, maybe a sporty style with shorts might be okay.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks fade. I don't hesitate to put on a bikini these days. Even if they are obvious, who really cares? They're a sign that you are a mother and have "earned your stripes".
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    First of all you are 20. I think you'll be surprised at the recovery your body will make in the next several years IF you take care of it. I had a c section at 30 and now I'm 36 in way better shape than I ever was in my 20's including a flat tummy. I wear a bikini now with more confidence than I ever have because I have worked HARD for it. You can have it too.