Convince me on why I need to exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have found over the years that it is easy to eat less for long enough to lose a few kilograms and hard to start exercising when you are not in the habit.

BUT

It is easy to get into a habit of exercising if you keep it up for several weeks, and hard to get into a habit of not eating much.

So if you want to not only lose weight, but keep it off, exercise (plus attention to diet) seems to be the key.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    You can most definitely lose weight without exercise, but you won't be nearly as fit as you could be with some lightweight cardio. Your fitness should be equally important on your weight loss journey, that way once you get to your goal weight you will have the "energy levels" to support your new physique. Plus, rumor has it, exercise with the diet burns fat a bit faster and if you get into toning it helps prevent muscle loss so you have something hawt to be admired once you get to goal.

I have seen LOTS of benefits of exercise with watching what I eat. Improved stamina, energy, lower blood pressure, happier heart, and I can now keep up with my youngest.

Getting into cardio is as easy as going for regular walks at first, brisker is better. Some people jog, I can't force that image on the people who see me passing by on the streets so I stick with walking and then hit the gym for their strength stuff until I get the nerve to learn how to do the free weights so I can look like a hawt mama.

Good luck to you!
  • hollylawson
    Options
    I started running because I see people in my family who are only in their 60s, but reaping their choices of being over weight and inactive. I refuse to end up like that.