Zumba Fitness vs Just Dance

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I have them both for the Kinect. Zumba has a hard time reading my moves, because I'm too tall for it, lol. I loved taking the classes. Just dance is just awesome, but maybe that's because I can dance.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I prefer just dance. Theyre more fun
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Just dance hands down. The moves on Zumba two are complicated for newbies. Lots of learn this step kind of thing. Just dance = mirror the person on the screen, which is similar to doing aerobics. :flowerforyou:

^^ This

I have Just Dance 2 and 3 and love them. I tried Zumba for the wii and could not keep up or do the moves. I get a great burn from the Just Dance and my kids will play with me and its a fun competition to see who can get the high score.
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    my personal opinion is that zumba is much more fun on wii. I tried Just Dance recently, and was frustrated that it tracks your arm movement and I was so worried about getting my arms in the right spot, I wasn't moving much else. Luckily, I bought it used and there is a 7 day "return it if you don't like it" policy, so I did and got another zumba. Of course, the tracking on the hip isn't perfect, and you have to make sure it's on your right hip, facing up and out, but it gets me moving more and I have to think less about things. Again, my personal opinion. I know other people that much prefer Just Dance.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have all 4 Just Dance and I just started with Zumba 1. I think Just Dance is easier for a "non-dancer" to learn, plus the songs are really fun. But I like mixing it up, and I'm enjoying the different style on zumba. I agree with other people that the lag time in Just Dance can be annoying; 4 is a little better on that front.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    bought my friend Just Dance, it's very fun :) and yeah it only tracks the hand movement but we didn't have any issues
    with it. you can really work out a sweat with it :P
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 4 has a workout option now where you can pick a category and it will play a bunch of songs and the in-between stuff is from that category. It also counts calories burned. I like that it keeps me moving without the lag of song by song, but I don't like all the songs in the routines. I have my favorites (the ones I feel more coordinated doing! LOL)
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just dance 4 is soooo fun! It has a workout option which is fun as well. Don't ever go by that amount of calories it says you burned though, its off by a ton. But regardless, its super fun and a great cardio workout.