Hey. I'm Bryan.

Options
I'm 22 years old (23 next week) and really need to get into shape. Now, I know I've got a long ways to go. A week ago, I weighed in at about 290 lbs. This morning, I weighed in at 276.8. This site is really helping me watch what I eat because I can visually see what I'm eating. I weigh myself every morning at about 7 am because it helps give me that self-esteem boost I need for the day. I can already tell in my face that I have lost weight and I feel much more energetic. I haven't even started my exercising yet, but I plan to start this week. I want to thank MyFitnessPal.com for helping me get started. It is so much easier than I though it would be. I hope to be at my first goal by summer!

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bryan. Use the metabolism while you got it! Good luck
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bryan. Use the metabolism while you got it! Good luck
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Bryan,

Welcome to MFP. I started out at 280 and am down to 270. I'm not sure I'll ever be 180 - that's what I weighed in the 7th grade! I'll be happy being more active and healthy. That said, my goal is 210, which is "thin" for my frame.

MFP and the iPhone app have been really helpful in monitoring my food intake and understanding the importance of exercise.

So welcome aboard and keep up the good work!

Chris
  • abigail100
    abigail100 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow Bryan,
    You have lost 13lbs without exercising...just watching what you eat...that is awesome. Imagine how much more you will loose once you get on a exercise routine. Good for you....Keep up the good work!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hi Bryan! Awesome loss so far! You're already well on your way to reaching your goals. You'll do amazing things if you just stay committed. Good luck :wink:
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Hi there, Bryan! I'm glad you decided to begin the journey to feeling better, and happy that it was here with us. This place is a virtual wellspring of awesome people and great information. :)
  • healthbug
    healthbug Posts: 21
    Options
    Great job! It looks like you are on the right track, keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration.
  • sheydab
    sheydab Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job Bryan! Keep it up! :smile:
  • bsellers
    bsellers Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks guys. Your support really helps. Feel free to add me and we can work together for moral support!