How do you eat on your Rest days

Options
Pretty simple. How do you guys eat on your rest days. i try not to completely binge out but sometimes i do......I'm not sure what to do. Also do you do 2 rest days in a row? Idk help me out!

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I take one complete rest day a week, and it varies whether I have trouble sticking within my day's goals or not. Sometimes I'm fine. My last rest day, Thursday, I wasn't. Without my usual exercise calories, I had a hard time shaking hunger, and ended up going over a little.

I looked back at the three previous days of my diary, and found that I'd left 215-340 calories unconsumed at the end of each day. The three days before my last rest day, I'd left only 40-150 uneaten, and didn't have any trouble on rest day.

So I think I'm going to make sure I eat very close to my goal for a few days before the rest day, so that I start the lower-calorie day well fueled.
  • Janie_bear
    Janie_bear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat loads of chocolate for one day and follow that with a day of relaxed food and calories. The problem with this is that I am only maintaining! Before xmas I was only having one cheat day and kept to between 1200-1500 calories a day for the rest of the week with 4 days of hard work outs. I consistently lost 1lb a week doing this!!
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I usually leave friday and (sometimes) Saturday as my rest day. I do martial arts for close to 2 hours on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and hit the gym monday and wednesday. Problem is i'm either REALLY good on friday or totally fail....like last night. I'm not sure if i'm doing more harm than good.
  • rockchick90
    Options
    I eat what the hell i want but I don't go extremely OTT