Are women equal to men?

Options

Replies

• emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I can't answer, I'm busy in the kitchen making a sammich.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    All men! please report for their daily beatings please!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

:love:

Wait...what are we talking about here...
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I remember back in the day I was in a psychology class in university (which was predominantly female) and the teacher was talking about the human brain. So I asked the question if a guys brain, pound for pound, was as smart as a woman's. She conceded that yes they were. So then I asked, "Isn't it true that a guy's brain on average is larger than a woman's"? I think she saw where I was going with my logic. Immediately all the girls put their hands up to defend how the two gender's processed information differently and how we were better in some areas and weaker on average in others. I sat back and smiled. I know on the whole that the two genders are different but on the whole equal, but I do enjoy playing devil's advocate from time to time.
  • lcchartier
    lcchartier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It saddens me that there is this constant need to define the differences between men and women.

The real facts are that women and men share more in common than the differences we have. Strength in character, emotional maturity, intelligence and sensuality are not determined by our sex.

There are so many more common grounds in our life experiences, such as our ability to grow and become great, that we should be striving to find our similarities and spend less time always pointing out the differences.

Men and women are equally capable of being good or bad, of doing the right thing versus the wrong thing. We all feel the same life experiences, health, sickness, happiness, sadness, and eventually death.

It is too bad so much focus is placed on our few differences (mostly physical really), and that we continue to widen the gap between females and males.

In conclusion, yes, I believe that there are many characteristics we share as human being that makes us very equal.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a household where my mom was the main bread winner, she was a horse trainer, farrier ( horse shoer) and a trucker, we also renovated our own house, built two run in sheds and built the inside of an 8 box stall barn and ran a horse farm/ breeding operation with little to no help from men. So I grew up with the attitude that women can do pretty much anything they want and that you don't depend on anybody unless you have to.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    And don't take that as man bashing because I am not, this was just how I grew up, even when my drunk of a step dad was with us he was useless.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    it depends how you look at it i would like to say we are equal but both side get away with different thing like women in country music can talk about killen a guy dixie chick, carrie underwood. yet the guys couldn't..but then you can look at work places and compare some men make more then women for doing the same job.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    We're of equal importance. Different but equal.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Hide. Just sayin'.

qmO8P.gif
  • whierd
    Options

Hide. Just sayin'.

qmO8P.gif

Oh, the bad kind then.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    It depends. Women are way better at stuff like cleaning, mopping, laundry, serving coffee...

Haha. No.
  • fanny1981
    Options
    Personally, I think women have dug themselves into a hole trying to prove that not only are they equal to men in every field that they compete in, but also wanting to be the best stereotypical female role models and now there's a ridiculous amount of pressure on women to be everything to everyone. I am happy to recognize my own personal weaknesses and let any other man, woman or dog help me to better them
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Surprise! The "weaker gender" are animals when it comes to ultras!
    In the sport of ultrarunning, women compete shoulder-to-shoulder with the men, and sometimes beat them to the finish line....http://www.runnersworld.com/trail-running-training/why-women-rule?page=single
  • whierd
    Options
    In the sport of ultrarunning, women compete shoulder-to-shoulder with the men, and sometimes beat them to the finish line....http://www.runnersworld.com/trail-running-training/why-women-rule?page=single

Please stop top quoting.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    My political science class had a debate on this. Of course I'm not equal (in strength, at least) to the man who never lifts weights in the class, because god wanted me to be weak and subservient to men. All of this has to be true because a man told me it was.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    was this article in Fox News, as I know there was one on their website around this subject? If so, it's nonsense. Fox News is the last place people should get their information.

At first, I read it as the OP DID get it of Fox, but ya.... Fox is perhaps one of the least reliable news sources... Almost on pay with that newspaper talking about aliens and bigfoot.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

Please stop top quoting.

You gotta be joking. I am not posting to please you & if you cant tolerate other people's preferences, you have two options - stay off public threads or put those who traumatize you on ignore.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    My political science class had a debate on this. Of course I'm not equal (in strength, at least) to the man who never lifts weights in the class, because god wanted me to be weak and subservient to men. All of this has to be true because a man told me it was.

Trust us men on this....LOL..... Seriously, there is no bigger turn off than a subservient woman.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    Are women equal to men?

Only on their bad days! LOL