Skinny fat?

Options
I am 5,2 and 104lbs but my body feels so untoned! I need to get rid of the muffin top and wobbly thighs. Anyone else in the same boat? What exercises have worked for you?

Replies

• atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm the poster girl for skinny fat!! I just started a weight lifting program and I can already tell a difference after only one week! I'm following Jamie Eason's livefit program. I literally printed everything and put in a binder and take it the gym because I have never used free weights before and have to teach myself lol I highly recommend it!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    This is simple and working well for me - just make sure you use weights as big as you can manage to get the muscles working.

http://produmbbellworkouts.com/dumbbell-routines/full-body-high-volume/

Do it three times a week with a rest day between each. I also run and hike, just for good measure, but for changing the shape of your body weights are the best.
  • ililexy
    Options
    Thanks so much!! Just joined the gym to start doing some lifting and toning. I was only doing elliptical at home and zumba classes till now. Hopefully that will help!
  • tinkx2
    tinkx2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've done Jamie Eason's program too; it's amazing!! Phase 3 is definitely a challenge...Good Luck!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Lift
  • mjinspired
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I can totally relate! I'm thin, but out of shape and I've always had a little pouch. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. She does a lot of strength training, which is good for toning, but also incorporates cardio, so we're burning fat. I love that it's 20 minutes. I did level 1 for a few days, but got bored with it. Level 2 is much harder but it focuses more on abs and legs, which is what I want more toned.

Did you decide what you were going to do?