water or unsweeted tea

Options
I drink alot of unsweeted tes can I count this as water?:drinker: Really no any thing stronger I just type bad

Replies

• ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    tea can be dehydrating. When you urinate, is it clearish or yellow? That could be an indicator whether you should drink more water.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I do. Some folks don't, but IMO it counts toward the 8 a day.
  • ambervaldez79
    Options
    I'm really not sure. I don't count drinking coffee as water even though it is mostly H20 just because it isn't hydrating. Plain ol water is beneficial :)
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I drink green teas and naturally non caffeine teas so I don't log them (I know my teas have like 5-8cals) but in my head I consider them water...(I pee a lot and it's clear!!)..

I don't really ever log water , just drink at least a liter (aim to drink 2) and about 6-10 cups of tea (chamomile, peppermint or green) daily is my water intake !!
  • Beccalizz1
    Beccalizz1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I only count actual glasses of water. I like to drink the crystal light packets you add to water and I don't count those as my water. Just my opinion.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure. I don't count drinking coffee as water even though it is mostly H20 just because it isn't hydrating. Plain ol water is beneficial :)
    coffee and tea are both hydrating
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all I drink is green tea with some stevia and couple cups of water. Its a myth that tea or coffee dehydrates you! The liquid content of tea compensates for the diuretic effect of the caffeine.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

There are many resources on this.
  • dollynewme
    dollynewme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERY ONE:happy:
  • katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    "Tea not only rehydrates as well as water does, but it can also protect against heart disease and some cancers, UK nutritionists found." ~http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5281046.stm

I drink tea all day long and count it towards my water.
  • parmela1
    Options
    I do count my unsweetened, decaffeinated tea as water. I also count my water that I add crystal light to. I end up with about 10 8oz servings or more per day. And I have to go to the bathroom a LOT! And it is very clear, by the way.

All the best to everyone!
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink green teas and naturally non caffeine teas so I don't log them (I know my teas have like 5-8cals) but in my head I consider them water...

Are you adding sugar or sweeteners to them? The reason I ask is because I drink LOTS of green tea throughout the day and there are no calories in them.
  • ambervaldez79
    Options
    I would think drinking large amounts of caffeinated unsweetened iced tea would be dehydrating if the OP is drinking the tea in place of water. I personally can tell when I drink too much caffeine. It definitely doesn't hydrate me. Sometimes I feel thirstier!