Differnce Between Home Scale and Dorm Scale

Options
So i'm home for spring break and i weight myself. morning. naked. 215 > :(

at school my weight was about 211 (i have a dial scale)

i'd even seen 210...but i wait to update my progress til i get the weight for a couple days a in a row

sometimes at school i bump up to 215 and the next day i'm back down--- if i drank before bed or I have my period

but i've checked the weight for 3 days and its 215 on this god foresaken digital scale

i really dont want to update and have a gain. but if it says 215 so many times.....

WHICH SCALE SHOULD I GO WITH??

should i wait and be good for a few days and see if this scale goes to 210...or should i collect my losses and recognize its not a big gain its just a difference between scales. or..do you think it was a real gain?

let me know mfpers!

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Like any calibration... stick to one standard. My doctors office says I'm 7 pounds heavier than at my parents house but 2 pounds thinner at work. It's enough to drive you nuts. My tip is weigh yourself at the same time all the time. Bodies fluctuate like crazy. Pick a home base so no matter what the reading is consistent. Good luck :)

Dustin
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My advice? Stop worrying about it. The goal is an overall trend, not a number. You want the numbers to be working down. A scale that reads differently in NO WAY negates the hard work you've put in or the pounds you've lost.