A question for the ladies. Males enter @ own risk.

TalonaCat
TalonaCat Posts: 241
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been doing this about a week now, and it seems as though this change is throwing my mentrual cycle for a loop. Is this normal? Will it regulate after awhile, or should I always expect intermittent changes in my cycle?

Replies

• I'd consider it normal. When I started doing this mine became more regular and stayed that way.
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    From what I understand, changes, especially adding significant exercise, can alter your cycle. This has definitely been true for me. Over the last several years, I could nearly set a watch by my cycle. The last two months? No way. This month, I was 4 days late. I've been told it will regulate eventually. I try to remember that this is just another sign that my body is responding to the changes I'm making. :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I hadn't had a period for 2 years (common side affect of my Mirena IUD), but I have been spotting ever since I really got into this site and started exercising a lot. (I used to be a serious couch potato).

So I am hoping I don't spot forever, but I am hoping I don't go back to having regular periods either...2 years without was awesome....
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Thank you for the information!

I feel like a dunce this week. I'm learning so much that I never knew about eating right and being fit. I should change my avatar photo to a dunce hat.
This discussion has been closed.