how often do you weigh in?

Options
just bought me a new scale, and want to know how often yall weigh in so i can get an idea

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I weigh every morning but I've been doing this long enough not to freak out over daily fluctuations.
  • AngelHairNoPasta
    Options
    I weigh once a week (Every Saturday Morning)
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Every day. I like to track my progress daily. And I don't freak out if I gain a pound one or two days.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    At the moment once a week. Every Saturday morning after I have been to the toilet and before I eat/drink anything.

I don't want to become too obsessed with the scale though so thinking of taking it to fortnightly.

I also plan to take my hip, waist and chest measurement once a month.
  • DjangoAndDeadlifts
    Options
    If you can handle the shock of sometimes extreme daily fluctuations, weigh daily and record it so you can see the hopefully downward trend.

If you get upset with fluctuations, weigh weekly or even less.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I "officially" weigh in once a week. I do a lot of Wii Fit Plus, so it weighs me everyday I step on it, but I don't pay much attention to it. And I weigh in on Mondays, it motivates me to be good over the weekend.
  • maaandyxoxo
    Options
    every time yall weigh in do you record it in mfp or do you have certain days you record?
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I "officially" weigh in once a week (Saturday mornings). however if I am in a bad mood or just having an off morning, I will weigh myself. it actually helps on those days to get my butt into gear (if the number has gone up slightly) and if the number is lower, well then it is a very nice surprise and improves my mood for the day lol. I don't let the number bother me though, it either motivates me or it improves my mood. Must stay positive!
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but only track it on MFP once a week and that's the one that counts. I realize that things will fluctuate day-to-day so I also don't freak out if I'm a pound heavier today than I was yesterday. I just make sure the number goes down week-to-week.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only log it on my MFP once a week - usually Friday or Saturday morning. Btw, if you handle weighing yourself daily - it's a great learning tool. I've learned so much about my body this way and how different foods will impact the number on the scale.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weight in every few days, and only record changes. I try to stand on the scale about every other day so I can catch any gain before it sticks. I do notice after eating out my weight goes up (I think from salt) and i flush my system with lots of water for the next few days and poof. It goes down again.
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    when I feel good and happy
  • elizcarman
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I only log it once a week.
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I only record it on Friday usually for MFP. Weighing daily helps me stay accountable when I have a bad food day. I don't freak out when I gain, but it makes me be a little more cautious over the next few days.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning - and I should probably stop. It has a habit of setting my mood for the day. Not so good. I commend folks that are able to keep daily fluctuations in perspective.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but only because I like to plot-out my weigh-ins and watch trends.. I don't recommend that for most dieters, the weight fluctuations tend to discourage people. I suggest once per week.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Daily first thing in the morning.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • ColeMontgomery2
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning on saturday. I find if you weigh yourself too often, you may not see results right away, and could get discouraged.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only log it on my MFP once a week - usually Friday or Saturday morning. Btw, if you handle weighing yourself daily - it's a great learning tool. I've learned so much about my body this way and how different foods will impact the number on the scale.

^^^This!