Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss

Options
I had my hubbie buy some Laughing Cow Swiss today. He bought one of those packages that contains 8 small wedges.

I tasted it with a stalk of celery, and it really didn't taste that good to me.

At the moment, my next idea/alternative would be on an English muffin instead of butter for breakfast. I might even add some Marmite just to give it a kick of flavor.

Sooo, I was wondering...How do you eat your Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss cheese?

Replies

• winterswish
    Options
    Hmm, I get the Light Garlic and Herb variety and put it on Wasa crackers or use it as a mix-in for a veggie dip (like blending it with Fage plain greek yogurt, spinach, kale, garlic, shredded carrot).

I have trouble using celery because to me it tastes salty. So unless I'm putting nut butter or something sort of sweet on it, I tend to stay away from it. :/
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I eat them right out the foil.. with nothing.. I am weird like that.
  • bruningk78
    bruningk78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I prefer the flavored ones myself. So many things you can do with them.....I get a lot of ideas from Hungry Girl's website. Eat them as is, spread on cut up raw veg, or stirred into cooked veggies like broccoli, spinach and cauliflower. Spread on deli meats and roll up. Spread on high fiber crackers. My faves are the french onion and the garlic and herb. YUM!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's an acquired taste ?

I eat them on a mini-bagel ..... or with an apple ..... or some raw veggies :drinker:
  • jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    On sandwiches I use it instead of sliced cheese. I use it on english muffins with an egg. I used it with miracle noodles and almond milk to make a cheesy flavored gravy. With almond milk at only 30 calories a cup it was delicious with a hint of flavor and no need to add extra salt. I've used it on crackers and with chips.
  • amymina
    amymina Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love the garlic and herb on my sandwiches, I use it in place of mayo and sliced cheese. It gives me the moisture on the sandwich I want and the cheeses taste for only 35 cals! Tried the Swiss, was 't a big can.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use them on wraps for turkey sandwiches, I always get the flavored ones though.
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    on celery, on triscut light, sometimes i just pop it right in my mouth, Man i love those things, totally yummy
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some good ideas. I have some apples (Red Delicious and Granny Smith). That is possibility. :smile:

I could try them with crackers, but I tend to stay away from them...because I love them too much. 2 leads to 10. :happy:

Wrapped in deli meat sounds absolutely lovely. I used to like cream cheese in ham as an appetizer. :tongue:

...and the idea of a muffin, creamy swiss and AN EGG!!! What a wonderful suggestion. I can't wait for that breakfast!!! :love:

As for the flavored Laughing Cow, I think that I will try the French Onion next time. :wink:
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like the French onion on triscuits. Gonna try the garlic and herb this week.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Cheap Great Value (Walmart) multi-grain crackers.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I always used them as a spread on sandwiches. There are a lot of different flavors, so I would use whichever was appropriate for the type of sandwich I was making. I don't think of them as a cheese because, well, they aren't "real" cheese. Instead I think of them as a tasty, low calorie spread.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just started using the chipotle flavor to spice up my broccoli. I used to use the light swiss on crackers, etc. but had to stop buying crackers because I could easily eat them all!
  • sbeasl11
    sbeasl11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can not live now without the garlic herb flavored one! I break it up into my egg white omelette each morning...amazing flavor! I haven't tried the swiss one.
  • WeightWatcherCindy
    Options
    I love Laughing Cow cheeses . I spread it on wheat crackers , dip apple slices in it , add it to my eggs . I also like to use it when I eat a tuna sandwich . Spread it on the bread instead of mayo or other cheese .
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I always used them as a spread on sandwiches. There are a lot of different flavors, so I would use whichever was appropriate for the type of sandwich I was making. I don't think of them as a cheese because, well, they aren't "real" cheese. Instead I think of them as a tasty, low calorie spread.

Yep, that's what I do with this flavor. I also like several flavors on rice cakes for a snack, or on a toasted English muffin and scrambled egg.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    This week:

-mixed with spinach for a layer of lasagna
    -spread on sandwich thins as part of a sandwich
    -drizzled with raspberry chipotle sauce for a cracker spread

For veggie dipping, I highly recommend the herb and garlic ones. I use the plain ones for cooking.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I can not live now without the garlic herb flavored one! I break it up into my egg white omelette each morning...amazing flavor! I haven't tried the swiss one.

Yes.. Delicious with eggs.

I also smear them on Quaker's lightly salted rice cakes.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i smear a laughing cow swiss wedge all over a small flour tortilla and then make a yummy turkey veggie wrap.

i also smear it on crispy rice-sesame crackers, and then i stick raisins to the cheese. i like to make patterns with the raisins.

=^x^=
  • beaulana
    beaulana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rye triscuits