Need Stronglifts 5x5 advice clarification

Options
Anyone doing strong lifts... when it says to increase by 5 pounds each time, is that each time you do either set A or set B or only after you've done both sets and are starting back on set A?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    You add 5 pounds to each exercise each day.

monday 100 bench, 150 squat
    wednesday 80 ohp, 155 squat
    friday 105 bench, 160 squat

for example
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just follow what the phone app says but it's pretty simple just increase each time you do the exercise. So for squats you would increase weight on both A and B since you do those every time. The other exercises just increase each time you do the respective sets.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks Wellbert. Spokez, the app is not for droid phones that I know of...only iPhone
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of apps for android that you can use, they are just not "official" stronglifts apps. Try Liftbig and Lifting Buddy. They are both free. Lifting buddy is true 5x5, and also has a timer function. Lifting buddy lets you set it to 3x5 in addition to the 5x5 routine. They are both free on the google play store. Another that I find useful is smart lifter lite, it has a function so you can put in the weight, and it breaks down the number of weights automatically. Say you put in 200 pounds, it tells you to use a 45, a 25, a 5 and a 2.5 so you don't have to use your brain at the gym.
    mike
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Thanks Wellbert. Spokez, the app is not for droid phones that I know of...only iPhone

Check out "LiftBig" for droid. It works very well.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Got the droid apps now! Awesome!