Man, I eat a lot!

Options
jordanlell
jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
Just browsing a couple folks' diaries, they looked so empty! They have about 5-10 things logged, whereas I have 20-25 typically. Granted this could be because I enter a lot of small things, or I enter parts of things individually- like, for breakfast I have oatmeal with almond milk, strawberries, egg whites, and chocolate chips all in it and I log them one-by-one.

Anyone else have a super full diary?

Replies

• Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I do, generally, and I notice the same thing.

People will eat what they want, even if it looks like it's too little to me. I am a full plate sort of person.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i put everything into recipes so i dont have to log each little thing... well i do that with things that i eat a lot. like i have sandwiches that i get that are the same every time, so i made it a recipe. or my coffee in the morning. certain dinners i make. just seems easier.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Yes! Over 20 items so far today.
  • Emma_701
    Emma_701 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am the same way and it really makes me wonder if some people truly log everything consumed. I log everything down to the spices and salt added to food...well I don't log the tea I drink because it doesn't contain any calories or salt. I have put some things into my meals but then it still adds everything as the individual item. Maybe I'll try the recipes and save myself some work when logging my meals.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Yep I long my stuff separate as well. Don't worry about it. What ever helps track your calories better then do that.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged regularly for the past couple of weeks, but my dinners usually have a ton of ingredients because I eat a lot of vegetables, and I cook with lots of herbs, fresh garlic, etc., and I log all of that.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of little things. So it looks like I'm logging a craptonne of food, but it's not really that much.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I log pretty much everything but spices, coffee and water and I usually put things in recipes also if I eat it regularly or I create a meal and add it then delete stuff I don't eat. I eat alot too or so it seems but it's really good for you food for the most part. :-)
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    depends. some days i do, some i don't. i have a lot of foods stored under the recipe section so i don't have to add them in every single day one at a time if i use them often
  • Latte_Lover
    Latte_Lover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine reads like the list for grocery shopping but when you have not shopped in weeks! It is long and detailed. I eat a lot too so that adds to the length of my diary.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Same here, when I am cooking I enter everything individually and my diary ends up looking like War and Peace...
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    I do! I always feel super embarressed about the amount of food I log!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Just browsing a couple folks' diaries, they looked so empty! They have about 5-10 things logged, whereas I have 20-25 typically. Granted this could be because I enter a lot of small things, or I enter parts of things individually- like, for breakfast I have oatmeal with almond milk, strawberries, egg whites, and chocolate chips all in it and I log them one-by-one.

Anyone else have a super full diary?

Same here...whenever my wife sees my diary, she can't believe I'm actually at a deficit. People at work see my lunch/snack box and think the same thing. I do use the recipe function quite a bit, but breakfast always looks like I'm at an all you can eat buffet.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    mine reads small like that but i input all of the recipes im cooking. mostly just bc its easier for me and i enjoy making new dishes.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I usually only have around ten things- but then again, I don't log gum, every cup of herbal tea, one baby carrot, etc.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Mine is always loaded, too. I put together most of my meals, so I think that contributes. For example, I logged each part of my breakfast, all the ingredients in my salad, etc. If I eat out or have something I'd saved as a recipe, then it is not as packed. It just depends on how you do it and what you eat. :)
  • Ribba
    Ribba Posts: 31
    Options
    Ditto x
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    When I look at friends diaries and they are under 1,300 cals for some reason I feel sad for them.
  • My dairy is always packed! I stay within my calories, but I log each invidual ingrediet! Also, I snack throughout the day... I also have this need that all my meals have to have 1. Whole grains 2. Fruit or Veg 3. Some kind of protien (whether its through dairy, meat, or soy) ... I look at people's dinner and it says like " A fruit cup, and granola" ...and I just could not survive on that! Or if I could surive I'd be a very miserable person!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of food, but I'm lazy so it's simple fare. Mostly.