Do you follow the burnt calories on MFP

Options
Hey guys~ Just a quick question. I read many places that MFP overshoots the amount of calories burnt for exercise, but i have no heart monitor or anything to keep track of the "real" calories i burn. Has anyone had success just going off of what MFP said without having a lot of left over calories at the end of the day? Would it make that much of a difference? Or should I leave a little cushion of calories at the end of the day to try and even things out? Thanks :-)

Replies

• 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    I bought a HRM but when I compare what MFP says it's generally about the same. If your trying to lose weight, a little cushion at the end of the day is always a good thing. But not to much! I'd try to stay within a hundred calories or so.
  • sarahann545
    sarahann545 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ive always tracked the exercise calories (but do not "eat" them unless its a hungry "emergency"). I recently purchased a Bodybugg, and noticed a huge discrepancy in what MFP lists for calories burned during exercise and what the bugg tracks.
  • westva2nc
    Options
    I have a HRM that I recently purchased and figured it was kinda broken when compared to what MFP lists as my burnt calories! I settle somewhere in the middle. If MFP calculates 500 and my HRM says 400, I log 450. I think MFP may shoot a little too high, but that's just my opinion:)