Only 2 weeks in - need your help!

Options
Hi, all. I know that some of what I'm asking may have already been asked, and I would really love some help!

I'm doing 30DS almost daily, and I've having a really difficult time staying under 1600, even on my "rest" days.

For instance, I went up to 2,082 calories yesterday on my workout day, and today I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up going over 1600 (I only have 23 left and I'll probably end up having another 100-200 calories). I didn't work out today per se, however I did earn back a little since I went to an aerial dance class (1 hour, not dancing the entire time).

I wanted to get your feedback since I find that I'm having anxiety over going "over" because I do want to be successful in burning fat and gaining muscle, and I need to know if this going over is going to ruin it for me. I'm trying to find the balance between being frugal with calories (and smart about them, since I do tend to enjoy some nutrient/calorie-dense foods) and listening to my body.

My food diary should be open if anyone wants to view... also, for reference, I'm 31, 5'2", around 120 pounds and looking to decrease body fat from around 25% to 18-20% for now. Thank you!

**Edited to add that I'm currently undergoing treatment for hypoglycemia, and so I tend to want to prevent my blood sugar from getting low (hence the long snack list).**

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being Captain Obvious - if you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you eat the same calories as you burn, you'll maintain your current weight. Are you asking if 1600 calories is right for you to lose body fat? No one can tell you that for sure. It's just a guideline for the masses and you'll have to fine tune it for your own individual metabolism. Are you asking if hunger means that your body knows better? I'd say no. I think hunger is part of the deal in losing weight (other people's experiences may vary). Keep track of your calories, take your measurements, watch the scale, wait and see. Adjust as needed.