new scale

i know this has been posted before but i need to air my frustration. My display on my scale broke this week (only half of the numbers show) so I had to buy a new one. I was so upset because i knew it would give me a different weight. I bought a fancy one that measures body fat % and such which i'm not even going to look at too often. well, the new one is 2 pounds off my old one :( I know it's only 2 pounds but I am finally under 200 pounds for the first time in many years and it depressed me.

Replies

• LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    just went through the same thing.... accept it and move on. You will enjoy the new features of the new scale. Mine has the same.
  • 135OHK
    135OHK Posts: 33 Member
    Hells....bells.....just subtract the 2 pounds I say! You know you're under.....lol. :-) Or use the little button that adjusts the weight to fix it.
  • shellykzoo
    shellykzoo Posts: 21 Member
    I got a Fitbit Aria scale and LOVE it! It works with MFP and while expensive, is well made. I can weight myself each morning and it transfers immediately to MFP so I can track it.
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Painful to say but it really is only a number. Rather try to think this way. Instead of thinking of not being at that number think that you DID lose those 21 pounds since you regularly used the same scale that helped you keep track on YOUR CHANGE!! Congrats on your progress!!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    I feel ya. Mine was 8 pounds off. Imagine my horror. But, it is what it is. And you lost the same amount of weight, you were two pounds heavier than you thought when you started this journey, This time when you get under 200 you can REALLY celebrate.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Been there, done that...seven pound difference. It's just a number.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    i know this has been posted before but i need to air my frustration. My display on my scale broke this week (only half of the numbers show) so I had to buy a new one. I was so upset because i knew it would give me a different weight. I bought a fancy one that measures body fat % and such which i'm not even going to look at too often. well, the new one is 2 pounds off my old one :( I know it's only 2 pounds but I am finally under 200 pounds for the first time in many years and it depressed me.

Remember, its just a number, only a number.

I suggest you focus instead on your dietary and exercise regime. If you diet and exercise - the weight loss will be a happy by-product of your adventures in well being which will also give you greater happiness, health and longevity.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • What's the name of it?
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    I know its just a number, just a higher number lol.

I just bought the WW97 scale at bed bath and beyond. I had a few people recommend weight watchers scales.