Kind Bars (the low sugar ones)
    Sargento Low Sodium Park Skin String Cheese
    Clementines
    Raw Almonds or Walnuts
    Mary Gone's Crackers
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have got to try hummus. Ii last had some in S. Fl 15 years ago! Just have to remember to put it on the stupid list LOL

I've been making homemade organic hummus - if you have a blender it is SO easy and really delicious. Keeps in fridge for 2 weeks. You can google and find a ton of simple recipes.

As for snacks (I love my snacks!! :) these are my favorites:
    - banana/strawberry slices (fresh) - LOVE this flavor combo
    - 1 apple (sliced) w/ 1 T. almond or peanut butter
    - 1/2 cup baby carrots w/ 2 T. hummus
    - If I'm on the go, I love the KIND or LARA bars
  • kristyash60
    Options
    The other day I actually snacked on Brussel sprouts. I was popping them into my mouth like they were candy! What is happening to me??!!??!!??!!!!

I love Brussels sprouts! You might want to try green giants steamable w/ butter. These are really good!Low calories too.
  • catbit
    catbit Posts: 28
    Options
    To satisfy my sweet tooth I eat 24 Stouffer animal cookies (180 cal.) and a mug of Keurig hot cocoa (70 cal.) almost every day and it keeps me satisfied and I have lost 8lbs. in 13 days.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes
    frozen berries
    hard boiled eggs
    rice crackers with stuff on
    almonds

ETA- hersheys skor nom nom nom
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    blue diamond dark chocolate almonds, carbmaster yogurt mixed with kashi go lean cereal, cottage cheese with cinnamon, sweetner and a little vanilla, quest brownie bar, nuts, lite 60 cal cheese sticks, fruit, can of tuna, boiled eggs. I all ways have several snacks in my work bag and some in my purse for cravings or hunger. I wont mention the JUNK FOOD that I sometimes cant turn away at work lol
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    youve just discovered that brussel sprouts are delicious because they are!!!!!

:)

Yes!! I love Brussels! I have converted two Brussels-haters to Brussels lovers. It's all in the way they are prepared.
  • cld111
    Options
    anyone try frozen grapes in the summertime? They are great and you can't eat them really fast so it takes a long time to eat them which makes you feel more full by the time you get done.

Frozen grapes are so good. My kids love them too!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruits (lots of fruits-bananas, apples, oranges, berries, kiwi, grapes, kind of any fruit that's about 100 calories give or take), string cheese, popcorn. Anything around 100 calories, but these are the standards.
  • cld111
    Options
    I saw some people mention hummus. Has anyone had sweet potato hummus? It's seriously addicting!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    BeerCat_zpsbac2f38d.jpg

I was bored.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    String cheese, hummus and pita chips, veggies and fruit
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LacyJean1
    LacyJean1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The other day I actually snacked on Brussel sprouts. I was popping them into my mouth like they were candy! What is happening to me??!!??!!??!!!!

I LOVE Brussel Sprouts!
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    Fruit fruit fruit!
    I always keep a piece of fruit (usually apple or clementine) with a weight watchers cheese stick in my backpack for during class.
    Yoplait 100 calorie greek yogurt.
    Emerald 100 calorie packs of cocoa roasted almonds.
    Sara Lee 45 calorie multi-grain bread with natural pb.
    Nature Valley protein bars.
    Luna bars.
    Orville Redenbacher 100 calorie bags of popcorn.

Those are the usuals! So good :)
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Apple with Cinnamon sprinkled on it.
    100 Calorie Bag of Popcorn
    1c Crispix dry cereal

Higher Calorie snack:

Pepper Jack cheese with Wheat Thins
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Ok, you have officially lost your young mind :noway: :laugh: truthfully, I wish I had that kind of insanity!

LOL. This may be true! But they were so damn good!!!
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    Love the popcorn. I don't use the packaged stuff, Alton Brown taught me a neat trick that you can use regular popcorn, a brown paper bag, and staples. If you've got a microwave, you can get popcorn. I can pre-measure it at home and put it in my bag for my snack at work. Coworkers happily filtch from me then.

I would love to do this but I have two (legitimate) questions:
    1) Don't the staples spark in the microwave
    2) Do you have any concerns about weird things leaching from the brown paper bags while they are being heated (since paper bags aren't tested for contaminants? Do you use special paper bags?

You don't have to use staples. Just fold the bag a couple of times and the popcorn stays in the bag. I use the brown bags that you would use to take a sack lunch.
  • goodenough13
    Options
    Yogurt...Greek or regular or Healthy Choice Frozen Greek (Yummy!!); Larabars if my calorie count will allow it. Also keep Baby Bell light cheese in the fridge: great with Nut Thins by Blue Diamond.

Oh my gosh! I just discovered the Healthy Choice Frozen Greek Yogurt!!

My favorite snacks are:
    Apples, Oranges, Kashi Bars (almost any), String Cheese, Apple Straws, and Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal. I love snacks!
  • ishari89
    ishari89 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love the popcorn. I don't use the packaged stuff, Alton Brown taught me a neat trick that you can use regular popcorn, a brown paper bag, and staples. If you've got a microwave, you can get popcorn. I can pre-measure it at home and put it in my bag for my snack at work. Coworkers happily filtch from me then.

Won't the staples cause a fire? Or spark in the microwave?

EDIT: Totally realised it had already answered just right now. Apparently there are ziplock bags you can even use to produce the same results.