I can't be feminine AND strong?

Options

Replies

• megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm not much on watching sports, but I love playing sports, lifting (when I have access to a gym), I love to play rough, I swear more than my boyfriend and all of our guy friends, I'm not afraid of rodents or snakes,I love dresses, skirts, makeup.:drinker:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Nothing more alluring than a strong woman. Manhood is not about hunting, fishing, and fighting and womanhood has nothing to do with cooking, cleaning and sewing... It is about becoming the best you that you can be.. I think you can have strength and still like flowers... Nothing wrong with that.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Those things aren't like tough just more so independent.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    not me.... i wish i was like that.. but im not... i dont even like opening 2 liters with my hands ( they scrape and turn red) i have to twist it with my teeth haha....

I cant even open a pickle jar unless i put it in between my thighs and use a towel protecting my hands then I twist as hard as i could about 6 times then it pops open...
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I love being a strong independent woman.

I own my own home, in which I fitted my own kitchen with my own tools and I lift big weights.

I also like tea and cake, I wear dresses and make-up and I knit and crochet.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My husband has pictures of female boxers on his computer desktop. I think he doesn't care much for the conventional definition of feminine. Which is good, because neither do I.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Stop complaining and just be what you want to be.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options

Stop telling me to stop complaining..
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Warning : RANT.

I am a girl, I like girly things, I also drive a '78 Chevy K-5 Blazer, shoot an SKS, change my own tires, and fix my own damn plumbing...I AM STILL A GIRL! One more person insinuates that I'm "too tough to be girly" I'm gonna curtsy all over their face....
    Sheesh. Please tell me I'm not the only one?

You're too tough to be girly. *

*Note: I don't care one way or the other, I just want you to curtsy all over my face. :laugh:

:laugh: Ok... buts its not gonna be how you imagined it! :devil:
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    camille leblanc-bazinet
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Warning : RANT.

I am a girl, I like girly things, I also drive a '78 Chevy K-5 Blazer, shoot an SKS, change my own tires, and fix my own damn plumbing...I AM STILL A GIRL! One more person insinuates that I'm "too tough to be girly" I'm gonna curtsy all over their face....
    Sheesh. Please tell me I'm not the only one?
    Keep things in perspective: half the people you ever meet are below average. At least they are nice enough to identify themselves.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    NastyMuscle.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    camille leblanc-bazinet

thank you. googled her, she's very inspirational :)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Handy tip for opening jars with lids... Tap edge of lid on kitchen counter once. Button pops up, lid opens easily.
    Kind regards, Martha Stewart.

Strong women come in all types of packaging.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i wish i could change tyres. good on you.. you are a girl that can do important tasks nothing wrong with that
  • zen1910
    zen1910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This rant is fantastic.

I weight lift.

I love floral print anything.

Nothing is better than a solid ninja movie.

I have seen Bridget Jones Diary more times than I care to count.

I have gone to more classical car fairs than people who actually own classical cars.

My socks currently have pink stars on them and that makes me extraordinarily happy.

Why do we have these gender stereotypes at all? The fact that standards like these still exist astounds me. Here's to breaking the mold and making strides for feminine strong women of the future.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

Stop telling me to stop complaining..

this made me laugh
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Stay strong and do what you want. Rock your independence!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

I have gone to more classical car fairs than people who actually own classical cars.

Perfect for people who love Tchaikovsky AND old automobiles!