Any feedback good or bad you can give me about these stores?

Options
ElizaRoche
ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
I´ve NEVER been a fan of buying online, but today I want to buy an android player that I CANNOT find anywhere where I live (California) and I gotta do it. Please any feedback (good or bad) you can give me in these following stores.. I´d really appreciate it

-DataVision Computer Video
-ABC Wharehouse
-Adorama
-Rakuten shopping
-ABT

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Android player? I am not sure what you mean by that.

Have you tried Newegg.com or fryes.com?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Never tired any of those, but 95% of all the electronic purchases I make online are through NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com)
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    mp3 player..

No I havent checked Fry´s yet, I went to Best Buy today (their policies to sell sucks btw, they cant transfer merchandise from one store to another, they asked me to go to the one in Murrieta!!.. WTF, I cant even have the option to buy online. )
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    Never tired any of those, but 95% of all the electronic purchases I make online are through NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com)

oh my, thanks a lot, im taking a look :)
  • whierd
    Options
    mp3 player..

No I havent checked Fry´s yet, I went to Best Buy today (their policies to sell sucks btw, they cant transfer merchandise from one store to another, they asked me to go to the one in Murrieta!!.. WTF, I cant even have the option to buy online. )

Murrieta, CA? Yeah, don't bother with Best Buy. either use Newegg, Fryes, or Amazon.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Amazon.com is the only other place I buy electronics online, and for any purchase I make through them, I make sure the item is either sold by Amazon (as opposed to a third-party selling through Amazon), or fulfilled by Amazon (sold by a third-party, but the stock is actually in Amazon's warehouse, and will be shipped by Amazon).
  • ElizaRoche
    Options
    I found it in Amazon and in newegg.com.. 149 in amazon, 109 plus tax in newegg, I seriously dont know what to do.
    Of course the 109 is more attractive, but Ive never heard of that site before.
  • jnichel
    Options
    I found it in Amazon and in newegg.com.. 149 in amazon, 109 plus tax in newegg, I seriously dont know what to do.
    Of course the 109 is more attractive, but Ive never heard of that site before.

NewEgg has been around for a long time, Very reliable; very good customer service. I've been using them for about 10 years now. They started out as a "geek" site...computer parts to the people who built their own machines, and have expanded over the years. Between work (I'm an IT systems administrator) and personal, I spend about $15,000 a year there (most of it work related), and have had three problems in 10 years (two DOA hard drives and a faulty mouse). All three of those times, I had a new item in my hands in two days or less.
  • whierd
    Options
    Yup, I absolutely recommend Newegg above all. I've been with them for over a decade now.