Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

GROSS working out question. You were warned!

Sorry if this is TMI, but I'm fairly certain I'm getting/have a UTI. I'll go to the doctor when they're open on Monday, but in the meanwhile I was wondering if I should keep working out. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and don't really want to skip a day. Got through the workout today (L2D2), but now I'm wondering if I should skip it in the morning. Should I go for a run? I just want to stay on track with everything and not let something so silly throw me off. Does anyone have any input? Also are there foods that will help or make it worse?

Replies

• beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    I have worked out through similar issues. I drink lemonade (with real lemons) or cranberry juice. It might be myths, but it has worked for me. Good luck!
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    If the infection isn't too advanced, then cranberry juice should help. It's always worked for me.
  • Yes, cranberry juice, and yogurt (not at the same time). Yogurt twice a day can really help UTI or vaginal yeast infection if it's not too bad yet.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I had one a few years back, and in addition to the meds the doctor prescribed, I was told to drink lots of water and cut out carbonated drinks until it was gone (but to limit them afterwards anyway).
  • emmygrems
    emmygrems Posts: 35 Member
    Oh god....UTI's are awful, i feel your pain :(. uhm, I'd say stay at home and get rest, drink cranberry juice and just try and sleep.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    This probably goes without saying, but dehydration is a risk factor for UTIs, so be sure to hydrate really well if you're going to work out. It doesn't really matter what kind of workout you're doing as long as you're comfortable and stay hydrated.
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    as all of above say, cranberry juice, also drink loads of water to flush it out of your system. you can try to do 30ds might be a little uncomfortable but i cant see a reason why you shouldnt :)
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Ok, bf is going to the store for Cranberry juice as soon as he wakes up! Thanks for all your advice and empathy!
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Drinks LOT O Water, 8 oz of cranberry juice ( which helps) it needs to be natural/low-no sugar, take some vitamin C (it increases the acidity in your urine, kill bacteria) . I say if it doenst hurt to work out than do it just change out of your workout clothes and shower ASAP afterwards. Moisture and tight confined areas are bacteria's friend!!!! Cotton panties took....helps
  • misslibbyh
    misslibbyh Posts: 90 Member
    Make sure it's real cranberry juice... not cranberry juice cocktail. Not 100% juice that is actually apple juice with cranberry flavoring. The only real straight up cranberry juice I have found is called Just Cranberry and you want to dilute it. It's super concentrated.
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Well you can buy some stuff at the pharmacy, without prescription, and you'll feel better immediately. They even have pee-test (sorry if it's not the right word english's not my 1st langage) so you can make sure about what you have. Good luck !
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    you want to work out now? crazy!!!
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    As long as you don't have a fever and you feel ok. I kept my exercise up through one recently but I was on antibiotics. And heaps of liquids. My mother swears by grapefruit including eating the seeds or grapefruit seed extract in place of antibiotics but I don't know if there's any science behind that.