Jump Start my weight loss

smlee
smlee Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm getting married the end of May and really want to loose 10-15 lbs! I know diet & exercise is key but easier said than done these days! Im committed to do whatever it takes to drop these pounds! I'm thinking 10 lbs weight loss is feasible in 2 months just need some pointers on what could jump start or make it happen!! All suggestions welcomed!!!

Replies

• I just got an Iphone and have the fitness pal app. I check it many many times per day. I start by putting in what I plan to eat, the update it throughout the day if there are any changes. If I'm reaching my calorie limit, it really motivates me to get going and exercise so I don't go over my limit. On Saturdays I buy all the groceries and fresh produce that I need for the upcoming week. Then I wash, chop and prepare the raw veggies and fruit so I can pack my lunch quickly, plus have these healthy snacks on hand when I'm hungry.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    There is no magic pill....

Eat healthy- The more color on your plate the better i.e. vegetables, fruits and so on.

Portion Control- Too much of a good thing = a bad thing.

Count every last thing you put in your mouth= you will realize you might be eating too much

Exercise= I don't just mean run a mile here and there I mean gets your heart pumping 5 days a week doing cardio and don't forget to WEIGHT TRAIN at least 3 days per week.

10= GONE IN 2 MONTHS.

Good luck to you! I am sure you will be just fine and will do great. :) Take Care!
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    watching what you eat and how much is the key. I eat extra lean meats, fruits for snacks. I also bought a cook book taste of home comfort food cookbook diet, it cost about 16 dollars at walmart. This cookbook takes everyday meals and makes then reduced fat and cal just by using lean meats, fat free cheeses and milk. It's the best 16 dollars I every spent.they also have a website, www.tasteofhome.com, I hope this helps and good luck. I wish I would of payed attention on how much weight I was gaining before my wedding. I bought my dress then due to some health issues, I started gaining weight. I had to go buy a wedding dress the day before the wedding and it really wasn't a wedding dress, just a nice suit dress.(after i spent a pretty penny on my first dress) but it all turned out well other than the dress.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Ten pounds is a reasonable goal in two months. One thing I could suggest that helps me is using Super Dieter's tea for the first 10 days. It works as a gentle flush to help you stay regular when you change your eating habits and to try to get the bad stuff out. I have a cup with lemon juice after dinner.
This discussion has been closed.