Can I trust my BodyMedia Fit?

Options
Sometimes I'm scared to trust my BMF, I apparently burn more than MFP predicts for moderately active every day, some days being up to 1000 more. I work a desk job, but manage a team of 40 so I am up and about a LOT. I walk 30 min on my lunch break and even without any structured exercise outside of that my TDEE always passes 3000. Exercise and going out days I pass 3500 usually.

For the record I am 24yo, weigh 110kg/242lb and am 5'8" tall.

Replies

• ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people with the same concerns and I don't have one but it seems like they are wildly inaccurate just from knowing what I burn for exercise with a HRM. It doesn't seem like you could actually burn those kinds of calories just doing every day activities.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My BMF seems accurate for me but I don't exercise. I do some walking but am mostly sedentary.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    My BMF seems accurate for me but I don't exercise. I do some walking but am mostly sedentary.
    this
    ive also worn my bmf along with my polar hrm while exercising and got about the same burn from both, so i have a hard time believing that the bmf would be accurate during exercise, and not accurate when im laying around watching tv, since its designed to be worn 23/hrs a day.
    i also think that a lot of people underestimate their actual activity levels. i know i did - even without getting up and walking much i burn like 2100 calories a day. thats litteraly like.. sleeping in until 4pm and only getting out of bed to go to the bathroom and to the kitchen to get some food. the rest of the day i was in bed watching tv. on days that i work, or exercise, or do my normal schedule at all i can easily hit over 3000. im 28 years old, 5'6, 250lbs atm (also 7 months pregnant)
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is almost 2000 calories. Walking around the office is about 70 cals per hour. That 2500 plus your real activities.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance guys :) I know I have nothing to worry about - I've been following it (-1000) and losing almost a kg a week so really it seems spot on.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I use 1000 cal deficit