3rd shift friends

Options
Hi everyone I accept friend requests from anybody but I'd like to find some friends who log their food and work third shift. It is a lifestyle that is not for everyone but I am determined to lose weight doing it. Also any tips would help - I am good on calories throughout the night but my problem is when I get home - I'm so hungry! Any advice?

Replies

• tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What's 3rd shift? Sorry, I guess I'm not the kind of person you want as a friend seeing as I don't even know what it is, but I'm curious!
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    Nightshift >_>
  • dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    I work the shift. And it is hard to try and stick with healthy food. But some way I have done. I slip once in awhile but if I do I just workout that much harder to get the wieght off again. Feel free to add me.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hey, I work 12 hour nights. Still use 12am to 1159pm for my logging. It just works easier for me that way. I come home hungry too, but I try to have a soup or I'll make an egg and some bacon. I try to go for quick and protein based. When I'm at I try to have an apple, some almonds, and sometimes an orange with me. I try to have dinners that are pretty much huge salads with meat on them. It's a bit tricky at times but the rules of healthy eating don't change because of the time.
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have worked only one overnight shift before- good on you for being able to work that shift on a regular basis. The only advise that I would give you is to eat your heavier items (steak, spicy food, starchy carbs)- earlier in your day. If I eat a really heavy meal before bed, I find it real hard to sleep. Try to eat a light meal with lots of vegetables. I've also heard to be careful of fluid intake within a couple hours of bed, or you may be disrupted throughout your sleep with washroom breaks.

Feel free to friend me (even though I don't work 3rd shift very often!)