Monthly Periods.

Options

Replies

• losingweightatl
    Options
    Yeah mine goes up 7lbs usually a week before and goes away usually mid period. I'm going through it now and I keep wishing it would come on so the weight will go down! lol
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't weight the week before, the week of or the week after. I try and wait until between my cycles.
  • iamweird1
    Options
    I actually lose weight when on periods! And rarely gain some, but when I do gain, I gain about 5 pounds! X-(
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • PatriceMcCalla
    Options
    I don't know the science to it all but I do find I'm slightly heavier on a weigh-in near to the time that I'm due to come on
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    yes
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The joys of being a women :) I am glad to see so many women paying attention to their bodies and knowing what will happen during cycles. That keeps us from beating ourselves up over weight gain during that time of month. Kudos!
  • MrsRogers2010
    Options
    Yes, definetly a problem! That and the fact that a couple days before it's time I can't control myself around anything chocolate/sweet!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am up 5lbs right now cuz of this. I hate it.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    yep. I think it happens to all of us. I usually ignore the scale the week before and then toward the end the weight comes back off. Super Bowl weekend I had a great weigh-in and its all come back now. I'm *hoping* that this weekend all that extra will be gone plus some. Its normal, just try not to weigh the week before or during the first part.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Most definately. Depending on how the month is I sometimes am bloated for almost a week before. Just plug on through it and alot of times if you keep up your exercising & eating correctly during this time you'll noticed you lost more once it's over.
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes I gain about 5lbs, although this week (actually I started yesterday) I was only up one pound. So I am super happy about that. It takes about three days for me to notice something on the scale. But since I am only weighing in weekly I will know next week. I just have to focus and not inhale everything in site. ugh.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I find that drinking LOTS of water and exercising a bit helps with the bloated feeling, just don't obsess about it too much for those days and stay away from the scale til you feel better!
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    probably water weight, happens to me too so I try not to weigh myself that week :bigsmile:
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Haha...that "special" time of the month is the worst!! I get cravings that kick my *kitten*!! Us ladies are strong though...we always get through it!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this post! This is exactly what I am going though right now. Hopefully I will get rid of this water wat soon! :)
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    For me it isn't water retention but food retention, I always get constipated the few days before and then whoosh ... sorry if TMI but you did ask :blushing:

LOL! ^^^ This!! Me and all my sisters have a name for this! I'm not sharing, it really is too much information! :noway:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Near the end of it, for me. I get a rockin' weigh in a few days after it finishes.

LOL - Yeah the scale is always so friendly after my period. I'm on maintenance now, but when I was losing I would go forever without the scale moving. Then, I'd get my period and at the end of it I'd have dropped a few pounds!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is usually 2lbs for me.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i don't have this problem at all, whenever my wife is on hers i have to do a lot more running then normal.