Tell Me I've got this wrong!

Options
Deleted question - as people are just ADVERTISING THEIR BLOGS!

Either provide serious advice or stop wasting time.

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs calories out.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    One or two days under will not do anything scary to you. But, if you have room in your macros, and you want some cake, eat it. Food is not "bad". That cake did not mug an old lady on the way to your house.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    IMO there is no "bad stuff." If you've had a nutrient dense day and hit your macros for the day, there's nothing wrong with a treat. The only thing that matters for weight loss is calories.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i eat that stuff during the day anyway that way i make up my cals that day and dont make myself eat at night.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    One or two days under will not do anything scary to you. But, if you have room in your macros, and you want some cake, eat it. Food is not "bad". That cake did not mug an old lady on the way to your house.

LMAO yes, this! ^^
  • drugjail
    Options
    How refreshing. Most advice I get consists of at least 3 paragraphs of useful info. Sometimes 5 words is all you need.
  • tapwaa
    Options
    Hi there!

In theory you could. Too few calories regularly and your metabolism will slow. Hell why not?

But consider this:

Is it better to make up the calorie deficit in chocolate cake? Or would the same number of calories benefit your body more if they came from fruit, nuts, spinach, lean protein etc?

But chocolate cake once in a while won't hurt. Just enjoy yourself. I like the 80/20 rule: Be sensible 80% of the time, do what you like the other 20%. That way it's sustainable. If you tell yourself you can never eat chocolate cake ever again it won't be long before you crumble.

It's generally better to eat the extra calories if you are still hungry, don't if you are not. Being hungry all the time makes you more likely to slip up and make unhealthier choices, and cheat on your diet.

Hope this helps:smile:

PS I hadn't realised it would offend you so much to put a link to a blog if it had more detailed advice on the same topic. Not exactly advertising but useful links. It's gone now but the advice is just as serious. Whatevs.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    you can eat cake til your calories are filled up, there is no weight loss law stating otherwise

the only reason cake is so frowned on for calorie filler is "what does it bring to the nutrition table"

Nothing, that's what. Ignore Bill Cosby it is NOT a source of protein or dairy =P

Does that mean don't eat it? Hell naw!

what kind of frosting you going to use? :drinker:
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This free ebook makes very interesting reading and explodes 20 diet mthys. But it's the total opposite of what we've had pushed down our throats by government, health agencies and food and drug manufacturers for decades so you have to be prepared to be open minded and let go of everything you thought was true about the right type of foods to eat to lose weight,

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/the-knowledge/20-diet-myths-busted/

I highly recommed it - I only found it yesterday after reading about it from another thread on here but I've already downloaded her full book to my Kindle and emailed my entire family to recommend they read the free ebook too. Another author who has done loads of research and come up with the same conclusions is Gary Taubes - I've read his book "Why we are Fat" and would also highly recommend that one.

You'll never look at food the same way again!
    Good luck :smile:
  • reai_mccauley
    Options
    It's not the best thing to do. Yes, calories in does matter, but so does the quality of those calories. If you need a lot of calories, nuts would be a better option than chocolate cake. It won't kill you or reverse your weight loss if you indulge on rare occasions, but it's not something that you would want to do on a regular basis.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    IMO there is no "bad stuff." If you've had a nutrient dense day and hit your macros for the day, there's nothing wrong with a treat. The only thing that matters for weight loss is calories.

Absolutely.

If you didn't have a nutrient dense day... ie, hardly any protein and the closest thing you had to a fruit or vegetable was the green clover marshmallow in a bowl of Lucky Charms, you wouldn't want to fill the gap with cupcakes, but if you're reaching your nutrition goals, go ahead and enjoy some yummies.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Well, somehow I missed whatever the question was, but people are giving you real advice here.

If you have room for cake, you can have cake. It's all a question of moderation and having overall good nutrition. Because cake isn't the best nutrition, but it is tasty and you can totally make it work.