Back to ONEderland!

Options
Topdog67
Topdog67 Posts: 31 Member
I have finally made it back to ONEderland. It only took over 20 years. I left the Marines in 1990 weighing around 160lbs. Over the course of the next few years I ballooned up to close to 300lbs if not more. I did not weigh myself then. I was in a stressful, long hour desk job. In January 1997, I changed careers into one where I am on my feet more. I started losing weight just because I was moving more. I tried so many different diets over the years. I would lose weight, but then I would gain it right back. I finally made the mental decision that I needed to do this weight loss thing, once and for all. I found MFP and the rest is history. I think the difference is that I am not restricting what I eat, but how much. I am so looking to losing another 40-50lbs. Then I will be lower than when I got out of Marines. So stay tuned for the new and improved me. Thanks to all my friends on MFP that keep me encouraged.

Replies

• melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for sharing your story :)
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep up the great work!
    (You should share pictures, if you have some) :)
  • njohnson1966
    njohnson1966 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Highly motivating Devildog! Congrats on your success so far and keep up the great work. You'll be back in those blues before you know it. Semper Fi.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, I just entered ONEderland today myself!!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You've got a great plan and it is working! Good for you for figuring out what will work for you and taking the time to achieve it. We all get so tripped up on wanting immediate results and all we do is regain it back. Good luck..and can't wait to hear about you getting to your final goal. :)
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Fantastic for you and thanks for your service.
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome commitment. Awesome result. Good 4 U!! (I'll be watching...)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!