Almost feel like giving up.

Options
2»

Replies

• drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You can do it! If you need help check out my Facebook page facebook.com/motivatormandy
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your goals for yourself are making this seem unobtainable. You're not going to lose a pound a day or a 1/2 pound a day even if you're going about this the right way. You shouldn't be aiming to lose more than 2 pounds a week at the most.

Just keep it up and keep consistent. Add in some exercise if possible.
    Increase your water intake if you haven't yet.

You will get there. :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I was hoping I would lose a pound a day

If this is your approach, then it's easy to see how you'd get discouraged, because that's not gonna happen.

Be millitant about tracking your food. If you don't have one yet, invest in a kitchen scale, weigh and measure EVERYTHING. That being said, weight loss is friggen stressful on the body. If you were getting physically ill from the dietary changes you made, you need to give your body time to adjust and adapt.

Be patient, and be kind to yourself.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I was hoping I would lose a pound a day

If this is your approach, then it's easy to see how you'd get discouraged, because that's not gonna happen.

Be millitant about tracking your food. If you don't have one yet, invest in a kitchen scale, weigh and measure EVERYTHING. That being said, weight loss is friggen stressful on the body. If you were getting physically ill from the dietary changes you made, you need to give your body time to adjust and adapt.

Be patient, and be kind to yourself.

You said you were pretty sedentary, eat some junk, and do a 20 minute workout then sit. A pound a day is really a totally unrealistic goal.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Omg, oops. I ment a pound a WEEK. So sorry, typo guys! Im not that oblivious!