Options
1234568»

Replies

• goingtolosethatweight
    Options
    good job!!!:wink:
  • serenamaki
    Options
    Hey buddy, you're doing it. And awesome for you! I see a difference for sure. Keep it up!
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way TO GO!!!! You are amazing!!!!
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great Job! What have you been doing besides diet? What types of exercise,and how often?
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Great job, I can definitely see a change around the stomach and it must be awesome not having to carry around an extra 50-lbs! Keep going and you will reach goal!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

I'm 6'5" and at my heaviest I was 380lbs give or take a couple, but at that size a couple pounds doesn't matter. I ended up in the hospital and nearly died. Since then I have yo-yo'd because of the heath issues, I lost over 80 pounds in about 4 months, but it was because I was so sick I would spend days not eating. After a while we found medication that helped a bit and I put back on some more weight until I was about 360. I started a new diet in November to figure out what foods trigger my issues and I stayed right around 350 from thanksgiving to christmas. I weighed 350 on new years day and at my last weigh in I weighed 337

Keep it up, I'm aiming for about 280 but when I get there I'll reevaluate and see if I need a new goal

I'm 6'1" but thanks to genetics, I don't carry it as bad as some at that weight.

Yeah, I'm the same, I set my goal at 280 because any lower than that and I'd start to look sick or something. When I was in the best shape of my life I was 19 years old and 320 lbs. I worked as a sorter at UPS and was one of the best on my shift as far and strength, speed and endurance. You don't even want to know how far I could throw a tire or empty keg, or at work a 70lb bag full of small boxes.

Keep it up my fellow big man, I'm down 17 lbs since new years :happy:

I have my goal set to 240 right now. I did the Bodpod body fat % machine and it said my lean muscle mass was 201 lbs. So I would be right around 20% or so at 240 which is pretty excellent as far as I am concerned. I will re-evaluate from there, and work on converting some of the remaining mass to muscle to change that %, but I have no desire to get much lower than that.

Happy to see that you are down 17 as well! Check my diary for some food ideas if you want. We big guys need to eat!
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    How tall are you?

I'm 6'5" and at my heaviest I was 380lbs give or take a couple, but at that size a couple pounds doesn't matter. I ended up in the hospital and nearly died. Since then I have yo-yo'd because of the heath issues, I lost over 80 pounds in about 4 months, but it was because I was so sick I would spend days not eating. After a while we found medication that helped a bit and I put back on some more weight until I was about 360. I started a new diet in November to figure out what foods trigger my issues and I stayed right around 350 from thanksgiving to christmas. I weighed 350 on new years day and at my last weigh in I weighed 337

Keep it up, I'm aiming for about 280 but when I get there I'll reevaluate and see if I need a new goal

I'm 6'1" but thanks to genetics, I don't carry it as bad as some at that weight.

Yeah, I'm the same, I set my goal at 280 because any lower than that and I'd start to look sick or something. When I was in the best shape of my life I was 19 years old and 320 lbs. I worked as a sorter at UPS and was one of the best on my shift as far and strength, speed and endurance. You don't even want to know how far I could throw a tire or empty keg, or at work a 70lb bag full of small boxes.

Keep it up my fellow big man, I'm down 17 lbs since new years :happy:

I have my goal set to 240 right now. I did the Bodpod body fat % machine and it said my lean muscle mass was 201 lbs. So I would be right around 20% or so at 240 which is pretty excellent as far as I am concerned. I will re-evaluate from there, and work on converting some of the remaining mass to muscle to change that %, but I have no desire to get much lower than that.

Happy to see that you are down 17 as well! Check my diary for some food ideas if you want. We big guys need to eat!

I've got some strict dietary restrictions because of health issues, I took a quick glance at your diary and it was like a list of things I can't eat :laugh:

I'm mainly focusing on calories in vs calories out, and my diet doesn't change much much when I cook for myself, I'll end up eating the same thing everyday, plus I tend to cook larger batches of stuff so all I have to do is grab it, weight it, log it and eat it. When I eat with a friend she works hard to plan meals that I can eat and I get to experiment with foods to see if I can eat them or not. Having a GI issue that stumps the doctors really sucks
  • ragordon6
    Options
    Great job! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • Eco3000
    Eco3000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    .Congrats... you look fantastic!!! The fact that you were able to accomplish that during the holidays is amazing....Keep up the good work you can really see the results...:):smile:
  • 4brats2angels
    4brats2angels Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You my friend have done amazing! You can already see a drastic change in your pics and the fact that you had the nerve to post them means that you are changing in more ways than just your physical appearance! Congrats to you and keep up the good work!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well done! I hope you are proud of your hard work!
  • fitjulz40in12
    fitjulz40in12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Keep up the great work.
  • nicolebrewer142
    nicolebrewer142 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Look at how much your face has thinned out! Keep up the good work :)
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    great job so far!
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great success and keep at it!! You can see a difference and I'm sure you feel so much better and more energized!
  • wifey103188
    Options
    Your doing great!!!!! Keep up the great job and you will make your goal :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!