help with macros

Options
i think im eating too many carbs, even thought i am meeting my daily calories or just about.

can someone help me take it to the next level and give ideas to help increase protein/healthy fats/ LESS carbs.

i am a big fan of oats, whole wheat, whole grains... i use "brown" rice/pasta ect. whenever I can.

Also love fruit... how many serrvings of fruit is TOOO many. ;)

any ideas for dcreasing carbs/increasing protein/healthy fats would be awesome. thanks

also whats a realistic/good range to breakdown macros.... %% carb 45/pro 30/ fat 25 %% ??

Replies

• RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I try to limit myself to 1-2 servings of carb-y carbs per day, such as one tortilla/slice of bread/serving of pasta/rice/etc. If you decide to go low-carb, make sure it is sustainable for you, or else you could experience regain.
    Fruits and vegetables are high in carbs, I disregard them in my count but that is a personal decision. Some will tell you to try to avoid too much fruit, but unless your doctor tells you to for health reasons, then I see no problem with meeting-exceeding the recommended servings of fruit and veggie in a day.

I have protein powder by Designer Whey. It is 100 cal/scoop, 2g carbs, and is plain flavored. Yesterday I made an iced "latte"- 8oz coffee, 4 ice cubes, 2tbsp half and half, a little vanilla extract, and a scoop of protein powder. Later in the evening I had some cals to fill so I made a spinach, cucumber, and strawberry smoothie with 1/2 scoop of the powder.

I make scrambles a lot using 1-2 whole eggs, ground turkey or venison, baby spinach, onions, garlic, and a little cheese. Mushrooms would be good too. Even for only having a couple eggs, this is SUPER filling and avoids all the strachy bloaty stuff. If I make a stir fry, I make the meat and veggies account for at least 2/3, and rice as 1/3 (usually around 1/2c cooked).

Hope this is helpful!

ETA- I almost always make my sandwiches open faced. Sometimes I will make a lean ground meat or bean burger with cheese and bacon and serve it over a bed of baby spinach instead of a bun. Making crockpot stews are a great way to cut down on starchy carbs, too. I make a Tex-Mex chicken stew with chicken thighs, salsa, cheese, onion, bell pepper, black beans, corn and spices. A lot of people have had success replacing pasta with spaghetti squash. The texture is a little off, but it absorbs flavor from other food(sauce) really well. Without seeing your diary it hard to make more suggestions
  • emzabee420
    emzabee420 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    awesome ideas thank you