Help for oatmeal haters

Options
2»

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Don't want to sound dumb, what is sultana?

sul·tan·a

Noun

1.A small, light brown, seedless raisin used in foods such as puddings and cakes.
    2.A wife or concubine of a sultan.

The concubine has more calories but is a lot higher in protein :smile:
    LOL! :laugh:

To the OP: if you really don't like oatmeal, don't try to force it down. Just find something else to eat, there are plenty of alternatives :drinker:
  • petiteMom289
    Options
    I've tried eating oatmeal for the sake of health too but I'd rather not gag while eating my food. There are lots of other healthy breakfast foods!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    For some strange reason the only oatmeal I ever eat is at the Jamba Juice place at the airport when I have an early morning flight. I love it with a little brown sugar and blueberries.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I do not like oatmeal so I dont eat it but I did try the new Quaker Melodys that are in a cup like soup and they were pretty good....
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I can only eat it baked. I hate the mushy texture. So sometimes I make baked oatmeal with peanut butter and brown sugar, with some hemp hearts thrown in for good measure. :bigsmile:

Baked oatmeal is fantastic! I make it with a little maple syrup, vanilla and grated lemon peel. Tastes like a breakfast cookie.
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hate oatmeal too. Lately I tried Steel Cut Oats and really like them. I put a little PB2 in them and they are really good.
  • bluejeanmean
    Options
    Rogers Porridge Oats includes other grains, is full of natural fiber, and tastes pretty good. If you added fruits or nuts to the porridge it makes a real nice food choice. I agree. Oats are for cows, but if you do the baked apple with oats in the hollow of the apple, mixed with honey or sucanat, that's nice too.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Have you tried baked oatmeal? It's like breakfast cake, which is a win in my books. Like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/559290847443977957/
  • bluejeanmean
    Options
    Hi. I am Mary Anne, and I am an oatmeal hater. There, I said it. I'm a Malto meal or Cream of Wheat type of gal. But, for the sake of health and fiber, I've been trying to choke down oatmeal. Some days I gag, others I'm ok. I feel like I just stepped off the short bus here, but I found that if I grind it up in my smoothie machine with half a frozen banana, low fat milk, protein powder and some vanilla, it's awesome! I'm sure there are a million recipes, add some berries, flax seed, etc. But for me, this was incredible, and if I can help my fellow oatmeal haters out there, this is what MyFitnessPal is for.

Oh BTW, THANKS SO MUCH Mary Anne for the excellent post. I've made notes of all the wonderful ideas for eating oats. I have high cholesterol, so oats is supposed to be a big part of my diet.