When does everyone weigh in?

Options
I have decided to weigh in each Monday morning, but not I'm not sure as I have eaten not so well on the weekends and will this effect it?

Not sure when is a good idea, when does everyone else weigh in and how often? :)

Replies

• emmashaw104203
    Options
    :smooched: hi i weight in friday morning and have a treat night friday then ive got all week to burn it off
    lol
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Friday morning.
    Your weight loss will be your weight loss whether or not you've had a 'good' weekend!
    You can't cheat the scales! (if only!)
    :smile:
  • petrahilton
    petrahilton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I always used to weigh in sunday but started to weigh in on a fri instead find it easier with work ect
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh myself twice on Monday mornings. Always twice. Once, when I wake up and step on the scales and feel all like "YEEEAAAH! My GAINZ", then again after I've realised I need to go toilet and it's more like "Oh. No change then. Dammit".
    Happens every time. Pain in the *kitten*.

...also, sometimes for fun, I weigh myself after a meal to figure out how much I ate - it's nice to know a little guy like me can easily put down 2-3kg (roughly 4-6lb) in one sitting. :D
  • andrewjcarter
    Options
    Every morning so far this week. But decided that I am going to take my neck, hip, waist measurements once a week
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Whenever you weigh in, it is just a snapshot of your progress. There will never be one "true" weight, as your weight fluctuates all the time anyway, even if you're not trying to lose. If you weigh every Monday, it might be higher than, say, a Wednesday, but it doesn't matter, because you'll be comparing Monday with last Monday, and the Monday before. It's the trend that matters - whether you're losing overall, or gaining, or staying the same.

I weigh every morning, as I feel that it gives me a bit of a better picture of what's going on. It's up and down all the time though, and I'm still looking at it in terms of the trend.

Whenever you decide to do it, and however often, try to do it at the same time, wearing the same clothes (or none), on the same scales. Then it will be as consistent as possible.

Don't forget that weight only tells part of the story. It also helps to take measurements and progress photos. Sometimes you might lose inches, but not weight, or vice versa.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just weighed in.. I've been weighing in on Sunday mornings before I do my long run... It doesn't really matter which day of the week you weigh in as long as you keep it consistent. It's not like that junk you ate yesterday is going to immediately show up on the scale anyway.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sunday Mornings.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I now do quite a lot of exercise, so I try and wait until after a 'rest day' . I read somwhere that you can sometimes you can weigh a bit more the day after vigorous exercise whilst your muscles are retaining water and recovering.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, as long as it's the same time of day. In an ideal world I would only weigh once a month, but I don't have that kind of willpower.
  • BigG1978
    BigG1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings here!

Used to find that weekends (especially Saturday) was the one day of the week where I would go off track, however with a weigh in the next morning it keeps me focussed to stay good.

Good luck with whatever day you decide, as said before it is about consistency and using the same day, same time to measure progress.
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    I weigh in after a week has passed since my last weigh in, but only if I have gone two days without going out to eat (they salt the food so heavily that even a tiny portion has tons more salt than I ever use at home). Most important to me is having had lots of water and not too much sodium. Then weigh in really shows whether I have actually lost weight.
  • Zoesmum025
    Options
    Always on a Sunday morning because that's the one day I do as I like such have fatty roast spuds or a dessert. Then on Monday I workout like a freak!
  • cnewlin86
    Options
    Right now I weigh in every 2 weeks and do my inches. It is hard to stay off the scale but I have found that the numbers on the scale tend to depress me rather than motivate me. I have more success if I stay off it. Plus the last time I weighed in I had a 6lbs weight loss and it was awesome to see that number shining up at me rather than weighing every day and seeing .2lbs lost. I think you have to find what works for you. Before I weighed every day and night and like others have said your weight flucates a ton. I find it easier to let my body tell me how it feels. I know this may sound silly but some days I wake up feeling lighter and I'd rather live off that feeling than stepping on the scale and having it tell me something different.
  • falkml02
    falkml02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday. Early in the morning !
  • Smoothroz
    Smoothroz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello...I weigh in every day. This keeps me on track and if I don't lose on any given day, this allows me to tweak my diet and exercise from day to day.

Good luck.
  • zoe021601
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day. I've come to realize though, that I'm a bit obsessive about my weight, and I would prefer not to project that onto my daughter. I have a doctor's appointment in a month, and I plan on not weighing myself until then. We'll see how well I do!
  • jenalbertson3
    Options
    I weigh in on Tuesday Mornings because I started this on a Tuesday!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    pick 1 day a week and weigh in empty bladder and step on scale.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Usually sunday or monday mornings